I don't get the hate towards all these simulator games, they are actually pretty fun, but I suppose it is one's like this that turn people off towards all simulators. I love these crazy sim games, and I love forklifts. This game is decent and it is fun... for the most part. It is not 2014 video game era material. It is unpolished, unoptimized, and slightly buggy.
1. A good forklift sim. Plenty of different forklifts and I want to say they are realistic but I've never actually driven a forklift. The controls are good on the forklifts themselves.
2. Good selection of levels. Five different levels gives you a decent selection and for the most part they are well designed. However, the one's I played there were a few bugs in them that were quite annoying, like the map was way wrong.
That pretty much does it for pros.
1. Horrible grammar. I know this was made by I believe Germans but still, some text is unreadable.
2. No tutorial. Seriously, all sims need a tutorial.
3. Controls. You cannot remap your controls and honestly that is my biggest con of the whole game. It would be fine if the controls were mapped to a different spot but where they are at now is completely counter-productive. My mouse is perfect for forklift controls but I can't map them. Also there isn't even a control layout on the settings page, I had to press every key on my keyboard to find out the controls until I pressed F1 and it brought up all the controls.
4. Poor graphics. Overall they are not terrible but these little things make it bad. No driver for your forklifts, no collisions with the people walking around, and even though I have an old laptop it run's pretty bad, even worse for some levels and points of view.
Overall 5/10. I like games like this and honestly I had been waiting for this exact game. I have Forklift Sim 2009 and I'm not sure it is by the same people but this one is a lot better. Still there is work to be done and I think a lot of the issues could be easily fixed. But, as I've read in the community hub, this developer doesn't actually finish their games, which is very sad because these games have so much potential. When you look at Euro Truck Sim 2, it could easily be a shoddy, unfinished game but instead it has modding, seamless controls, amazing graphics, and a great fanbase. This one could be like that but the developers don't want to and it is very sad to see.
Опубликовано: 25 февраля 2014