“Substance Painter is that magic application; there's always more great features to make your life easier!”
Laurens “Xoliul” Corijn - Technical Artist, EA DICE
“Substance Painter is like a look into the future of asset creation. It puts other methods to shame with it's comparative speed and feature set. It's a really exciting step forward, and I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes.”
Carlos Montero - Environment Art Lead, Cryptic Studio - Project Lead, Black Mesa
“For 20 years, mainstream 3D paint solutions have relied on the same manual approach from one program to the next. Along comes Substance Painter, which has the potential to shake things up, innovate and revolutionize the way we visually create in films, games and other digital mediums.”
Gee Yeung - Creative director, visual development artist for film, Dreamworks Animation Studios
About This Software
is a brand new 3D Painting app with never before seen features and workflow improvements to make the creation of textures for 3D assets easier than ever. It is acknowledged as the most innovative and user-friendly 3D Painter out there.
, we have a long history of working very closely with our customers, from the small independents to the largest AAA studios. Today we want you
to help us design the ultimate painting tool and bring innovation and state of the art technology to every artist out there at a fair price.
If you purchase this product on Steam, you will as well get a licence on our website to use Substance Painter in standalone :)
IMPORTANT NOTICE: We authorize the use of the Indie version of Substance Painter to any indie / company generating less than US$10K a year in revenue (based on prior fiscal year). If you are above this limit you should purchase/upgrade to the Pro version on the Allegorithmic website.
For particular cases, please contact us directly so that we can find a relevant business model.
- Particle Brushes - Throw water, dirt or even fire at your object and watch the realistic weathering effects unfold in real time!
- Material Painting - Paint full materials at once, lay the groundwork for your textures or paint small details in seconds!
- Physically Based Viewport - Preview your painting in a next-gen viewport for accurate material feedback.
- Automatic Reprojection - Modify your UVs or topology at any time without ever losing your work.
- Substance Brushes - Use your Substances as brushes and unleash parametric painting!
- 2D Seamless Painting Paint in 2D across seams thanks to the unified 3D/2D pipeline. Massive time saver and unique feature in digital painting application!
- NEW - Multi-Material - Paint on the different ID of your mesh!
We know Substance Painter
is still rough on the edges and we plan to keep on polishing it and adding new features until we all feel it is simply the best tool of its kind and that it's ready for release. Your support, your feedback and your enthusiasm will maximize the chances for this to happen.
Here is a sneak peek at what's coming to Substance Painter