“The only baseball sim I've ever gotten addicted to...”
“All told, it’s a great game. OOTP 15 is the kind of game that drains your days away into a quiet, happy vortex of roster transactions and lineup changes. It’s a buy, for sure.”
98 / 100 – NotGraphs
“This gem of a game is absolutely worth anyone's time who loves the sport of baseball.”
95 / 100 – Gaming Trend
Out of the Park Baseball 15 is the 2014 version of the award-winning baseball game that GameSpot called "the best baseball management sim out there".[/b] OOTP offers unparalleled flexibility in creating your own baseball world and guiding your favorite baseball franchise to glory. Play solo with a baseball world of your own creation: play a typical major league game with real 2014 rosters including full minor leagues, make a simple, 8-team league, create a historical league with real players from any year between 1871 and 2013 or build an enormous world with baseball leagues in multiple countries. For the ultimate challenge, join an online league and test your mettle against other human players!
Out of the Park Baseball is the closest most people can get to being the general manager of a real baseball team. Handle GM tasks like drafts, trades, scouting, waivers, team finances and personnel. Negotiate player contracts. Or, dive into the more hands-on management and set your team's lineups, pitching staffs, and in-game strategy. You can oversee your league at a high level, or play out each game, managing pitch by pitch and making all the calls from the dugout.
Players in OOTP are rated across multiple skills, and include individual personalities and custom faces created with FaceGen technology. OOTP players progress realistically over time. Try to build a team through the draft, or try to sign big free agents to put you over the top! OOTP also has a powerful news engine that generates personal messages and news articles. Behind all of this is an incredibly powerful statistical engine that tracks an enormous number of statistics for each player in your world. Want to know how your star hitter is doing against righties with runners in scoring position? No problem!
New Features in Out of the Park Baseball 15:
- 2014 Opening Day major leagues roster set, plus seven international leagues with real roster sets (Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Mexico, Cuba, Italy, The Netherlands)
- 3D ballpark and 3D ball flight support
- A brand new interface introducing many new screens and a completely recoded manager home screen
- New (optional) player rating system, examine how your players compare to league average
- Easily create games with historical teams from different years competing in a single league
- Improved spring training, with non-roster invitees, customizable spring training roster size and spring training length
- Many new league rules & options (i.e. posting system, purchase players for cash, minor league age limits etc.)
- Proper support for independent leagues
- New Playoff matchups editor
- Better league news and play-by-play commentary text
- Improved player-creation algorithms, resulting in the best player development ever.
- Various AI and core engine improvements, making the most realistic game even more realistic.
- Much more, over 100 new features & improvements
Out of the Park Baseball also has a vibrant and helpful user community, and an active one that creates a vast number of user customizations that you can use to further improve your gaming experience, including special roster sets, logos, player images, and more.
If you are a baseball fan, you need this game!