This game should really be named Naruto Storm Full Burst Revolution 3.75. since there is no major continuation to the story line it is a typical filler from the creators of Naruto. Also there is just too much Chakra in this game with all these chars being brought back to life, it causes my game to crash frequently. I also verified game cache multiple times still the game crashes.
So after 14.4 hours invested into the game and unlocking every character
Here is my analysis.
- Ninja Escapades was well made and no pointless running from place to place. ( This was the main story for me not the Mecha-Naruto garbage.)
- Improved UI
-Ultimate jutus allows use of your ultimate jutsu (which varies depending which support chars you chose)
-Awakening allows for true awakening, Magnekyou kakashi, Sage Mode Jiraiya, Kyuubi Mode Minato, Control over the 9 tails with Naruto, control the 10 tails with Obito, Susanoo's for those with Sharingan and much more.
-Drive mode Allows chars to seal 2 substitution jutsu gauge slots and their opponents Ultimate jutsu in battle. Also starts you off with full support drive ready to be activated from the start of the fight.
-Battle arena 1v1v1v1
-Chakra Rails in free for all are a nice touch. They allow you to ride around the arena using jutsu or shoot you into the air to come crashing down on opponents (each move varying per char)
- The timeline is well into Naruto and everyone is super powerful.
- The jutsu's are well created and aesthetically pleasing.
- The main story line is based around Mecha-Naruto
- They Removed the forward combo from all chars leaving them with only 3 combos a tilt and a throw.
-Game crashes (some of them carry over from Full burst)
-Shisui Regular B combo finisher = game crash
-Hashirama (First Hokage) Normal punch = game crash
-Minato (Fourth Hokage) true awakening = game crash
-Shikamaru Ultimate Jutsu = game crash (which is actually a problem that I also had with Naruto Storm Full Burst 3.5)
I will post more as I find them.
- Annoying obstacle chars ruin the immersion of a free for all ninja battle.
- Free for all ninja battle in the story mode sometimes feels like a 1v3
- lack of player control for 1v1v1v1's,
(What needs to be implemented)
1) Allow players to set up free for alls and control options in free battle tab.
A) Allow 2v2's and 1v2's or even 1v3's.
B) Implement player free for alls
C) Allow toggle for obstacle chars/rails/traps/barrier for the arena
- Needs more combos for True awakening chars (Kurama only has 1 combo and ten tails only has an arm smash and arm sweep.)
- No Juubito
11/10 because I love the characters of Naruto and being able to fight with them (especially with the new Team Ultimate Jutsu system) does make it worth it for me.
6/10 as a fighting game. Maybe.
Someone came to me to ask about the controller mechanics. Having a controller absolutely does make this game easier to play, but is not necessary. I adapted to Naruto storm full burst pretty easily without the controller and only use the controller because my girlfriend bought one to use when she plays. But in my honest opinion Controller > Keyboard for this game.