Български (Bulgarian) čeština (Czech) Dansk (Danish) Nederlands (Dutch) Suomi (Finnish) Français (French) Ελληνικά (Greek) Deutsch (German) Magyar (Hungarian) Italiano (Italian) 日本語 (Japanese) 한국어 (Korean) Norsk (Norwegian) Polski (Polish) Português (Portuguese) Português-Brasil (Portuguese-Brazil) Русский (Russian) Română (Romanian) 简体中文 (Simplified Chinese) Español (Spanish) Svenska (Swedish) 繁體中文 (Traditional Chinese) ไทย (Thai) Türkçe (Turkish) Українська (Ukrainian) Help us translate Steam
ThreadSpace: Hyperbol is an action-strategy game set in the distant future. Players battle each other on roads in space as they pilot massive ships capable of firing a wide variety of weapons. Create defenses, coordinate with your team, and launch an assault against your opponents to achieve victory!
Release Date: Jul 12, 2007
Watch HD video
"This one's a winner" - Ars Technica
"It's very tactical, it's highly polished and we can pretty much guarantee you've never played anything quite like it. 8 out of 10" - Games Radar
"9 out of 10" - Hooked Gamers
About the GameThreadSpace: Hyperbol is an action-strategy game set in the distant future. Players battle each other on roads in space as they pilot massive ships capable of firing a wide variety of weapons. Create defenses, coordinate with your team, and launch an assault against your opponents to achieve victory!
- Countless strategies: Over 30 unique projectiles are at your disposal to attack the enemy, fortify your defenses, and assist your allies.
- Tactical team play: Coordinate with a team of players to defeat your opponents where every player can have unique strengths and weaknesses. Up to 16 players online.
- Customizable ships: Acquire ships to control and customize their design by selecting different parts and colors. Customize the way your ship behaves by installing new components that alter its attributes.
- Persistent universe: Play as a character you create that can gain levels and credits. Purchase new ships and components with the credits you earn to truly distinguish your character in the universe.
- Online ladder system: Compete against other players online and see who the best pilots are. Earn rewards for being on top.
- Awards: Demonstrate your skill by earning in-game awards like "Bounty Hunter" and "Combat Mastery".
- Voice communication: Talk to your team to plan your attacks and coordinate your abilities.
- Create custom maps: Make your own maps with the Map Editor to play them online and with your friends.
Minimum: Windows 2000/XP/Vista, DirectX9.0c or higher, Graphics Accelerator with 32-bit color support (DirectX9-Supported Accelerator recommended), 1.0GHz or faster processor, 256MB of RAM, 400MB of hard disk space
More like this
3 of 3 people (100%) found this review helpful
492 products in account
18.4 hrs on record
This is how "abilities" should work in a game, none of this lock on insta hit spam spells or +12 damage aura garbage. Every skill has to aimed or placed in position, creating many tactical possiblities. Plenty of weapons/defenses with upgrades, if someone just spams hyberbols at you there are plenty of ways to bounce them back into thier face. Best space tank game ever made. But you shouldn't buy it since theres no one left to play against.
2 of 3 people (67%) found this review helpful
0 of 3 people (0%) found this review helpful
2 of 46 people (4%) found this review helpful
12 of 12 people (100%) found this review helpful
304 products in account
7.1 hrs on record
By far one of my favourite games. Extremely tactical, some reflexes required, very skill based, some RPG elements and a massive multiplayer meta-campaign. It was way ahead of its time. I feel it would've shined if it was released these days. I wish more people will get it so there'd be someone to play against!