STORE COMMUNITY ABOUT SUPPORT
Includes four copies of the game - Send the extra copies to your friends.
There have been a number of posts lately talking about latency in the game, and there are short, medium, and long-term ways to address this. Some of the long-term fixes need to be put off or else it would cause all feature development to grind to a halt, but I wanted to let you know I still felt it was important to deal with so in this patch I took care of some of the short-term fixes.
I have a hunch that a lot of players bad latency experiences were due to games where the host had a particularly bad connection, and I know I have recently seen one or two players idling as host with terrible connections, thus creating an environment where most of the available rooms had bad latency issues.
So I added some features to alleviate this, as well as some other bugs I found in the latest patch that added Co-op challenges:
I'm happy to announce the [return] of co-op play to Disco Dodgeball!
- You can now select any of the challenge modes as an option within the Create Multiplayer Match menu. (You will need to enable 'expert options' on the same menu first.). This allows up to 4 human players to battle bots cooperatively and go for high scores on the co-op leaderboards.
- If you want to search for a co-op challenge room, go to the Find Match panel and check 'Show Expert'. Challenge rooms are designated 'expert rooms' which are hidden by default to new players to avoid confusion. Eventually, I'll build and enable all kinds of crazy game mode options (many based on your feedback) and place them safely in these expert rooms.
Some balance changes:
- Fireballs no longer turn neutral after one bounce. They do lose their fireball power after one bounce.
- The Kingpin can now accumulate powerups while they are the kingpin, instead of having their auto-granted powerups wiped out.
- In Team Kingpin the player is granted Homing Dodgeball instead of Boomerang to encourage team passing.
And other fixes / features:
- AFK timeout kick after 5 minutes (only applies if you are on a playing team, not spectators)
- Game checks for availability of new multiplayer compatibility version when loading Multiplayer options, to prevent confusing fragmentation of playerbase
- If name has only symbols and would otherwise appear blank, it will appears as 'Player'
- Fixed wheel not rotating on multiplayer-synched bots
- Fixed new cosmetic items not getting proper illumination
- Handles Steamworks login fail more gracefully
- Colliders removed from ceiling light boxes in Airborne and Chasm
- Fixed room name not appearing on in-game menu
“It's a great idea well executed...so many satisfying moments...you should probably think about buying it if you're into arena shooters - frankly, it's a damn good one.”
“Disco Dodgeball feels like an utter revelation, a lightning bolt aimed to shock FPS developers from their creative slumber”
9/10 – IndieHaven
“It's as amazing as you would expect.”
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
There is more than one way to buy this game. Please select a specific package to create a widget for:
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Sign in to add your own tags to this product.