There are far better games of this type out there. Unless you are really stuck on the 8-bit art style, I'd instead go with Wazhack or Sword of the Stars: The Pit, both of which are excellent. OR try Hammerwatch if you want live-action roguelike as opposed to turn-based, which this is.
Here are the pros:
1) A little humor in the game which is mildly amusing.
2) Scratches your 8-bit nostalgia itch, if you have one.
3) The music tracks are cool if you like 8/16-bit MIDI tracks. I quite like them personally.
Here are the cons:
1) Waaaay too easy on normal difficulty. Only the boss fights are hard. The rest of the time you will rarely if ever need to use your special abilities. Overall gameplay is fairly simple compared to some of the other rogue-likes I've seen.
2) Loot system and the game in general is not well balanced. You gain skills by acquiring skill books. These drop way too often, so by level 3 of the dungeon you've already acquired all the skills for your class.
3) There are ONLY 7 LEVELS for this game. VERY short for a rogue-like game.
4) Generally uninspired and derivative. Absolutely nothing new is introduced to this ancient formula. It's been done better many times before.
Basically this game feels half-♥♥♥♥♥. The devs did not pour there heart and soul into this game. It is paint by numbers. And the painting is pretty sloppy at that.