Playtime and Time/money
After playing through the game 3 times with a friend at a moderately slow place we pretty much exhausted the game of unique encounters within 3 hours, however, this being said. I really enjoyed what time I was playing the game.
I can't say you should buy this game for only one reason, and that is that the game is too short for the few bucks you'll be spending on it.
Exactly what is this game?
The choose your own adventure game has about 100-200 encounters, (and yes I looked in the game files for this number range) However being that you can hit about 20 per character it's not extremely hard to start seeing repeats in playthrough two. Along with that though I give the game credit where it's due, the game has a very open file system where you can modify... the whole game. Not only can you modify it, but so can anyone else, if you look on the discussions I'm sure you can find a player made extension or a whole 'nother story, which is great! that looks to be more play time added on to this game. Final note on the game itself, it is a LOCAL Co-Op/single player game, however me and my friend used Teamviewer (http://www.teamviewer.com
a free screen sharer, that's easy to use) and we played the game as if we were both in the same room.
;-; #forever alone #Screw that I don't want people in my house.
Overall yeah you should get this game if you can nab it on sale or if you can get it in a bundle, I can personally only recommend playing this with a friend, so be sure to grab 2 (or a DRM free copy)
.... not saying that there are any maybe in the humble bundle...
So now the standard game rating:
- Story: 10/10 (Enjoyable, Fun, Ridiculous, everything a good sit-down-and-play game should be)
- Gameplay: 3/10 (I can't give good marks here for a game that uses only U/D/L/R/Enter, but it passes by my personal standards.)
- Presentation: 9/10 (The game has a nice art style and feel about it.)
- Soundtrack: 7/10 (I'M SORRY WHAT WAS THAT?! I had to turn mine down to 4% just to hear my friend, no in game slider, and doesnt save sound settings after closing. Other than that it's fine, fitting music.)
- Replayability: 10/10 (I'm just waiting for that free content DLC that was mentioned in a thread somewhere, that or I'll go and download someone elses.)