- EVGA Precision
is totally unnecessary software on Steam. Why? Only reason I can think of is cheap attempt of increasing EVGA's brand awareness.
- This Steam version ruins the functionality of the software because it has to be run and closed along with Steam.
- Lack of warning and information about overclocking on Steam page and due to easy accessibility of the software being on Steam, kids and people who are not experienced with the tool are at risk of damaging their PCs and hardwares (this software was only downloadable from their website and required account login, but now everyone here on Steam can download without any knowledge of overclocking video cards and ramifications of doing so.)
- Achievements (again, this can ruin people who are not experts while blindly going for achievements.)
- Broken achievements (recent updates broke them because some people have the achievements with earlier time stamps. This pisses off achievement hunters like myself.)
- Second best overclocking software to MSi Afterburner
I am a fan of EVGA and I have had more than 5 EVGA cards in my life. But their software really looks silly on Steam. I suggest you download and use non-Steam version of the software. Like I said above, if you have no experience or knowledge of overclocking your PC, educate yourself thoroughly from various websites before attempting.
. REPUDIATED .