I played many hours of this game before it came to Steam. It's not the perfect MMO and it caters to a specific demo, I would recommend it based on the fact that is is free to try and worth a look.
- Beautiful world. The enviroments and the animals look like hand drawn anime.. the good kind. Not the cheesy cliche kind
- Very populated with a (usually) friendly player base.
- I thought I had to pay for the scarf around level 20 to continue the main quest line but apparently I did not need to. I think they make that a bit confusing on purpose. Other than that the F2P model is pretty good.
- Very easy to understand and pick up and play. Nothing is overly complex and the UI and all other things surrounding gameplay make sense.
- The million dollar MMORPG word.. grindy. The game is VERY kill 10 of these and collect 8 of these. They throw some curveballs in there occasionally but this is what ultimately had me stop playing in the 40s. It just stopped being fun.
- Dungeons are repetitive cut and paste. Nothing special there for sure.
- Didn't care for the music so I put my own ambient soundtrack to it.
- Easy. This could go under pro or con. I didn't mind it but some will.
Aside from dueling I never got too much into PvP in this game so I can't really speak on that. Each class seems pretty cool and you get to pick a secondary skill along the way which helps keep combat fresh. The battle companions are cool but can get annoying with the constant dialogue thing.
Overall I'm happy with the time I put into it. I'm sure it gets more fun when you are at or close to cap but I could not continue any longer. You can check out my video review in my First Impression/Final Impression videos below. Enjoy!http://youtu.be/tga-W9MJA7Mhttp://youtu.be/tCY8VB6Nzfc