- Early Access review, subject to Changes
tldr? Skip to bottom
I went in unexpecting what this game had to offer, I was surprised by how its played and what it is. Very different,innovative and very unique.
it is an rpg/deck building/ action packed/ addictive card game that comes to life as you are dealt the cards of fate.
The game gives you a hero outfitted with certain gears and debuff (Depending on deck stack), your job? To fight the dealer by traveling through his deck of cards and facing the boss.He shuffles and places the cards in random positions where you move a token across them to see what your of fate is, you'll have a certain amount of heatlh and food to make it through to the boss. Run out of health? you die, run out of food? you'll take damage as you move instead of heals, reach 0 hp andyou'll have to start the entire adventure deck over. You'll encounter monsters, Trap cards, Quest cards,shops to gear yourself, reward cards, or even dangerous cards that will throw you completely off and thus completely costing you the game NOTE : YOU WILL DIE!
Since the game is randomized depending on what you put into the deck randomization will be what you put into the deck which is required along with his cards, After each deck either by death or actually winning you'll get tokens for completing every card's quests that is played and whatever drops from the boss. You'll also get rewarded with even MORE cards you can throw in the deck.
After beating 3 sets of his deck, the game gets more challenging with Paradigm cards (This is what i label them), it'll reward you but at the same time buff your enemies up by giving them MORE abilities, more strength, or any other crazy benefits you can think of to beat you down, before you know it the game gets even harder forcing you to throw even more strategic cards into play. Items and such will help you but those are completely randomized also so hope that luck is on your side
The combat is quite simple, you'll be set in an arena, you'll be able to evade, stun if you have your shield, or counter hit your enemies with. Its very similar to batman arkham combat style.
With what there is now the game is playable and has plenty of randomization and contents that you can really enjoy, I am 8 hours in and plan to spend even more, the game has that much material already!\! Expect more contents from the devs and more bosses.
+ Great voice acting
+ Innovative and unique gameplay
+ Rogue-Like adventures since its completely random decks thrown at you
+ Gets really challenging as the game goes on once you complete set, and harder, and harder so play your cards right
+ Graphics are quite decent
+ The music where they are available is done well and fits the game
+ Voice acting from the dealer is fantastic
+ REPLAYABILITY = PLENTY
+ Good writing and lore on the cards, very intresting cards
+ Good variety of enemies, and cards that will kick your ♥♥♥
- lack of character customization, you don't really get to customize them at all in fact.
- Combat is pretty limited, you can only counter, evade, or attack seems sorta cheap, needs a bit more polishing
- The cameras during combat can sometimes confuse you since you cannot control it, so enemies offscreen will get free shots at you sometimes, worst part is the background covering your view
- Game still has missing features such as final boss and voices at certain places and music( this doesn't really count as permanent negative)
- A multiplayer of sort would be amazing for this game, though planning will be needed to have one. That would really bring more awsome.
- The price atm can deter some people, but if you love roguelike/ adventure/rpg card games and support innovative games, then go for it, This game is well worth the 25 dollars. Don't believe me? i'll work on the video to convince you.
Play video with commentary about the game - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRc6O9HeP6w
-Video review - Won't be released until game is done