Tower of Guns is a fast paced first-person-shooter for the twitch gamer... with a few randomized elements to keep it fresh with each playthrough. It's a short burst "Lunch Break FPS"... not unlike Binding of Isaac mixed with Doom 2. Tower of Guns was made by a guy named Joe (with his brother Mike composing the music).
Release Date: Mar 4, 2014
Watch HD video
Recent updates View all (6)
July 2nd, 2014
I just pushed out another update to ToG. It's not a large update..even though it will come across as a 300mb download. I wish I could figure out why the heck Steam likes to update so many files with each update...I'm aware it's not kind to those of you with bandwidth limits, so my apologies to you folks.
Anyway, this update is for a few hotfixes and relatively minor tweaks such as:
- Added a console command to toggle the hud for screenshots (togglehud)
- added a couple of interesting new surprises to diceroll mode
- fixed a major, though very hard to reproduce, issue with pausing and tilting at the same time
- alleviated the vanishing boss items issue a bit more..it STILL might not be solved completely, but it should be getting pretty rare now.
- fixed a few other minor gaps, collision bugs and typos people pointed out
- added a console only mode called "Hot Foot Mode"--it's not a fully mature mode, but like "Backwards Mode", is a fun way to waste an hour or two. In short, the mode is like this: you have unlimited jumps. But *every* time you land you take damage. Goodluck. It's mostly for those youtubers who like to play ToG in silly ways. The console command for Hot Foot Mode is "TOG_imlame hotfoot".
June 26th, 2014
So Tower of Guns is still on sale for under 7 bucks for a couple more days, but that's not what this announcement is about.
This announcement is about this little dude:
My wonderful wife Colleen, defender of Hugbots everywhere, has made a couple extra of these to give away to some righteous fans just for the heckuvit.
All you have to do is tweet using the hashtag #TowerofGuns a good reason why you think you deserve a crocheted hugbot. Colleen will pick her favorite ones and send those folks a hugbot!
While you're at it, you are welcome to follow me (@blankslatejoe) or Colleen (@c_b0t) on twitter, but that's not a factor in this little giveaway at all--all we care about is why you think you deserve a hugbot!
Let us know! And thanks for supporting ToG!
About the GameTower of Guns is a fast paced first-person-shooter for the twitch gamer... with a few randomized elements to keep it fresh with each playthrough. It's a short burst "Lunch Break FPS"... not unlike Binding of Isaac mixed with Doom 2. Tower of Guns was made by a guy named Joe (with his brother Mike composing the music).
- SINGLE SITTING FULL EXPERIENCE: For all of those who have too many games (or too little time) this is a game you can pick up and play again and again, without remembering where you were or what you were up to. If you're gonna win, you're gonna do it within an hour or two. That's a big if though... it won't be easy.
- ALWAYS A FRESH EXPERIENCE: Random enemies, random powerups, random bosses, tons of unlockable items and weapons...even random-level compositing! You never know what to expect when you sit down in front of Tower of Guns.
- CRAZY POWERUPS: You've played first person shooters where you can double jump, but have you played any game where you can centuple-jump? You can in Tower of Guns, with the right items.
- GUN-MODIFYING MADNESS: Do you like rocket launchers? You'll like them more if you're lucky enough to stumble upon a "shotgun" modifier. A rocket-launching shotgun is very satisfying. Mix and match your gun with a dozen different Gun Mods!
- OLD-SCHOOL TACTICS: For the fans of the faster shooters, it's all back. Circle strafe your way to glory at insane speeds; Tower of Guns is all about moving fast!
- OS: Windows Vista/7
- Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (Dual-Core)
- Memory: 3 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVidia Geforce 275 GTX +512mb memory
- DirectX: Version 9.0c
- Hard Drive: 2 GB available space
- Sound Card: windows compatible sound card
- Additional Notes: Warning: This game is CPU/GPU intensive. There are a lot of bullets. It is stable on older Nvidia cards (8800 era), but the framerate made for a sub-optimal experience.
Tower of Guns ©2014 Terrible Posture Games LLC. All rights reserved. Unreal, the circle-U logo and the Powered by Unreal Technology logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Epic Games, Inc. in the United States and elsewhere.
121 of 154 people (79%) found this review helpful
81 of 102 people (79%) found this review helpful
100 products in account
11.9 hrs on record
Big yes for this game! Tower of Guns is a fast paced twitch fps that will test your precision, accuracy, spatial awareness, and sanity. This game plays fluidly and is everything you could hope for in a twitch fps. You will utilize many power-ups, items, and perks to help you survive the horde of enemies thrown at you. I've had countless hours of fun playing this game. Check out my first impression for details!
46 of 53 people (87%) found this review helpful
364 products in account
5.5 hrs on record
Who remembers Facing Worlds in Unreal Tournament? (I do! I do!) Though Tower of Guns bears little resemblance to Facing Worlds, while playing it I was nevertheless transported back to the year 2000, fondly remembering endless post-work capture the flag matches in which I would repeatedly get my butt kicked. The speedy-smooth Unreal engine is on fine display in Tower of Guns, and you've got plenty of that circle-strafey, stay-in-one-spot-and-you're-dead hyperfast shooting that UT popularized at the turn of the century. (There's even a flak cannon!) Of course, Tower of Guns is a single-player roguelike, so you won't be sniping noobs in this game. Quite the opposite: you are the moving target in a gigantic shooting gallery. As you progress up the tower, each room presents yet another assorment of turrets and robots that want to make you dead with their giant bullets and spiky balls of doom. The random map generation helps make each run feel fresh, but even still, don't expect tons of variety. This is a totally indie enterprise, after all. The visuals are interesting, vaguely reminiscent of a junkyard in Borderlands or a Death Star trash compactor level. Despite being a little lean on content, Tower of Guns is full of personality and the devs have laid the groundwork for plenty of expansion, if they so desire (and if the audience is there to justify it). Like Binding of Isaac (one of my favorite games ever), a single run usually takes 10 minutes, but I imagine it could take much longer if you get lucky (I'm not very lucky). Like firearms, Tower of Guns is best in short, controlled bursts. Highly recommended if you're looking to scratch that old school FPS itch.
44 of 58 people (76%) found this review helpful
393 products in account
20.9 hrs on record
Tower of Guns has nice visuals combined with permadeath, a variety of weapons, powerups, perks and more. There is something for those speedrunners too with par times to beat on every stage as well. This game is definitely worth purchasing
31 of 39 people (79%) found this review helpful
317 products in account
9.6 hrs on record
Pre-ordered this game ages before release thinking it was a great idea. Fast forward a year or so and it turns out i was right. Tight controls, awesome options, great graphics/sound/music/randomness. Good old-school feel to it, sorta like ut2004 but floatier. I'd like a mod that adds dodging. Anyways it's awesome GO GET IT!
- "Best of E3-Indie" 2013 Award nomination, from HardcoreGamer.com
- Boston Festival of IndieGames, 2013 Digital Showcase
- Indiecade 2013 E3 Showcase