Tower of Guns is a fast paced first-person-shooter for the twitch gamer... with a few randomized elements to keep it fresh with each playthrough. It's a short burst "Lunch Break FPS"... not unlike Binding of Isaac mixed with Doom 2. Tower of Guns was made by a guy named Joe (with his brother Mike composing the music).
Release Date: Mar 4, 2014
Watch HD video
Recent updates View all (7)
August 18th, 2014
I just pushed out another update to ToG--this one has a lot of bugfixes...some major, some minor. Here's the list of fixes:
- Bug Fix: added a unduck check, tilt check, jump prohibit check, physics check, and a speed failsafe to cinematics to combat a major speed wiping bug on an endless mode loop.
- Art fix: added an glowy oblivion plane to L11 in case the player looks backwards in the final tunnel
- Optimization: Lowered cap on number of SFX pickups sounds that can be played at once
- Bug Fix: fixed that dang cartesian lattice bug, which actually ended up being a much more severe bug that I’m surprised hasnt reared its head in uglier places…OR MAYBE IT HAS ORLY
- Art, Pop, and Collision Fixes in l2r2b19, l6r4b, l6r2b2, l3r3b3b5
- Bug Fix: Fixed Stories: For some people (those who bought the game in the last month) random dialog/plots didn't work! For everyone else, you probably never noticed this bug.
- Bug Fix: Adjusted near clip plane, which fixes many near collision issues, but potentially causes zfighting with long-distance views. Not sure if I prefer this way over the other way.
- Bug Fix: Fixed delay on end animatic chain flythrough
- Bug Fix: Adjusted pipeorgan lootspawnoffset to accomodate clobbered loot
- Bug Fix: Fixed door gate mechanism in togodrome
- Console Cheat: Added cheat "Tog_ImLame stupidspeedbug". Those of you who have seen that endless-mode speed=0 loop bug, it *should* be fixed for you now. But just in case, I added this code to increment player speed by 2 with each use, so that way you won't lose a good run to this bug if, for some reason, it still pops up for you. This was a damn tricky bug, and I'm not confident my solutions was infallible.
Most of those are pretty rare bugs, but some of them could be rather unpleasant.
Anyway-Happy ToG-ing! Thanks for being awesome gamers.
July 2nd, 2014
I just pushed out another update to ToG. It's not a large update..even though it will come across as a 300mb download. I wish I could figure out why the heck Steam likes to update so many files with each update...I'm aware it's not kind to those of you with bandwidth limits, so my apologies to you folks.
Anyway, this update is for a few hotfixes and relatively minor tweaks such as:
- Added a console command to toggle the hud for screenshots (togglehud)
- added a couple of interesting new surprises to diceroll mode
- fixed a major, though very hard to reproduce, issue with pausing and tilting at the same time
- alleviated the vanishing boss items issue a bit more..it STILL might not be solved completely, but it should be getting pretty rare now.
- fixed a few other minor gaps, collision bugs and typos people pointed out
- added a console only mode called "Hot Foot Mode"--it's not a fully mature mode, but like "Backwards Mode", is a fun way to waste an hour or two. In short, the mode is like this: you have unlimited jumps. But *every* time you land you take damage. Goodluck. It's mostly for those youtubers who like to play ToG in silly ways. The console command for Hot Foot Mode is "TOG_imlame hotfoot".
About the GameTower of Guns is a fast paced first-person-shooter for the twitch gamer... with a few randomized elements to keep it fresh with each playthrough. It's a short burst "Lunch Break FPS"... not unlike Binding of Isaac mixed with Doom 2. Tower of Guns was made by a guy named Joe (with his brother Mike composing the music).
- SINGLE SITTING FULL EXPERIENCE: For all of those who have too many games (or too little time) this is a game you can pick up and play again and again, without remembering where you were or what you were up to. If you're gonna win, you're gonna do it within an hour or two. That's a big if though... it won't be easy.
- ALWAYS A FRESH EXPERIENCE: Random enemies, random powerups, random bosses, tons of unlockable items and weapons...even random-level compositing! You never know what to expect when you sit down in front of Tower of Guns.
- CRAZY POWERUPS: You've played first person shooters where you can double jump, but have you played any game where you can centuple-jump? You can in Tower of Guns, with the right items.
- GUN-MODIFYING MADNESS: Do you like rocket launchers? You'll like them more if you're lucky enough to stumble upon a "shotgun" modifier. A rocket-launching shotgun is very satisfying. Mix and match your gun with a dozen different Gun Mods!
- OLD-SCHOOL TACTICS: For the fans of the faster shooters, it's all back. Circle strafe your way to glory at insane speeds; Tower of Guns is all about moving fast!
- OS: Windows Vista/7
- Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (Dual-Core)
- Memory: 3 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVidia Geforce 275 GTX +512mb memory
- DirectX: Version 9.0c
- Hard Drive: 2 GB available space
- Sound Card: windows compatible sound card
- Additional Notes: Warning: This game is CPU/GPU intensive. There are a lot of bullets. It is stable on older Nvidia cards (8800 era), but the framerate made for a sub-optimal experience.
Tower of Guns ©2014 Terrible Posture Games LLC. All rights reserved. Unreal, the circle-U logo and the Powered by Unreal Technology logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Epic Games, Inc. in the United States and elsewhere.
83 of 104 people (80%) found this review helpful
100 products in account
11.9 hrs on record
Big yes for this game! Tower of Guns is a fast paced twitch fps that will test your precision, accuracy, spatial awareness, and sanity. This game plays fluidly and is everything you could hope for in a twitch fps. You will utilize many power-ups, items, and perks to help you survive the horde of enemies thrown at you. I've had countless hours of fun playing this game. Check out my first impression for details!
48 of 55 people (87%) found this review helpful
382 products in account
5.5 hrs on record
Who remembers Facing Worlds in Unreal Tournament? (I do! I do!) Though Tower of Guns bears little resemblance to Facing Worlds, while playing it I was nevertheless transported back to the year 2000, fondly remembering endless post-work capture the flag matches in which I would repeatedly get my butt kicked. The speedy-smooth Unreal engine is on fine display in Tower of Guns, and you've got plenty of that circle-strafey, stay-in-one-spot-and-you're-dead hyperfast shooting that UT popularized at the turn of the century. (There's even a flak cannon!) Of course, Tower of Guns is a single-player roguelike, so you won't be sniping noobs in this game. Quite the opposite: you are the moving target in a gigantic shooting gallery. As you progress up the tower, each room presents yet another assorment of turrets and robots that want to make you dead with their giant bullets and spiky balls of doom. The random map generation helps make each run feel fresh, but even still, don't expect tons of variety. This is a totally indie enterprise, after all. The visuals are interesting, vaguely reminiscent of a junkyard in Borderlands or a Death Star trash compactor level. Despite being a little lean on content, Tower of Guns is full of personality and the devs have laid the groundwork for plenty of expansion, if they so desire (and if the audience is there to justify it). Like Binding of Isaac (one of my favorite games ever), a single run usually takes 10 minutes, but I imagine it could take much longer if you get lucky (I'm not very lucky). Like firearms, Tower of Guns is best in short, controlled bursts. Highly recommended if you're looking to scratch that old school FPS itch.
44 of 58 people (76%) found this review helpful
397 products in account
20.9 hrs on record
Tower of Guns has nice visuals combined with permadeath, a variety of weapons, powerups, perks and more. There is something for those speedrunners too with par times to beat on every stage as well. This game is definitely worth purchasing
31 of 39 people (79%) found this review helpful
322 products in account
10.4 hrs on record
Pre-ordered this game ages before release thinking it was a great idea. Fast forward a year or so and it turns out i was right. Tight controls, awesome options, great graphics/sound/music/randomness. Good old-school feel to it, sorta like ut2004 but floatier. I'd like a mod that adds dodging. Anyways it's awesome GO GET IT!
10 of 11 people (91%) found this review helpful
3,362 products in account
3.5 hrs on record
Styled very much like a classic arena FPS, except it's you versus all sorts of spikey, explodey, shooty contraptions, not other players or AI bots. The game moves fast and smooth, a necessity for this style of run-and-shoot twitch shooter, and plays equally well with KB+M or controller. Love the cel shaded artwork and the weird "alien factory" type design of the game world. There's also a good sense of humor that is thankfully never overdone. I had no idea what to expect in this one and it has turned out to be one of my favorite 2014 games to date, a half hour at a time adrenalin rush that I've kept installed on all my computers since the game was released.
122 of 155 people (79%) found this review helpful
- "Best of E3-Indie" 2013 Award nomination, from HardcoreGamer.com
- Boston Festival of IndieGames, 2013 Digital Showcase
- Indiecade 2013 E3 Showcase