25 agosto 2014
Yes, the pun in absolutely intended! We're leaving Early Access and move to the Steam catalogue. Isn't that great news?
Now we can be discovered by a lot more people, which means more battles, larger teams and greater variety of challenges that you're going to face! Now let's slow down for a second and see what we've done and what it all means for you.
Only with your continued support are we able to keep developing the game, so the features we create ad the changes we make are all based on what you previously liked or disliked about the game. We've listened, we've taken notes, we argued sometimes — and here's what we did.
How is the game different now? Let's start with the most visible changes.
- The map — brighter, better and action-packed — your fight just got larger than life! We overhauled the main map so that now it incorporates a lot of new elements and makes room for different strategies and player skill levels. Whoever you are, however you like to play, you'll find a perfect spot for you in this new combat environment. Take Defenders head-on? Go take control of the turrets? Crawl through the dangerous nebula and flank the enemy without being seen? Attack the newly-arrived alien force, risk your life, grab a lot of XP and use it to finish off your main opponent? You've got it all and more! This map is all about discovery and emergent tactics. You can bet even we ourselves have not discovered everything that can be done here! Use your tactical genius and bring victory to your side!
- You've got access to the full range of ships — this may be old news for our avid supporters, but we want to remind everyone about this cool change. Every ship in the game is currently available to every player and even comes in several versions so that you may look unique in combat. This includes not only those vessels that are already in the game, but also all those ships we're still building for the future versions.
- The in-play bonuses are here to grab — we've never been an all-too-serious game. We wanted space combat to be fun, which sometimes means putting fun things where you don't expect them. And so the bonuses are here! Think of them as those old health-packs and damage enhancers that were lying around in shooter games. They're things you can grab during combat and get more shield, more energy or a damage boost. Sometimes they're random, sometimes you see what you get, and it's always useful. With a bonus, you can change the tide of a battle — or just get even with a particular opponent. Come and see for yourself.
- Game interface is now much more informative — you'll get notified about technologies you installed, bonuses you've collected and XP you have. We made it so you won't miss the time to go for an upgrade, never misplace your target, and will generally feel better informed in combat.
We've given new abilities to some of the existing ships. Not a single one of them got "nerfed", we pulled them all UP to equal power level.
- Doomseeker can teleport to safety and become transparent as to avoid damage.
- Seeker, Sherer and Scourge now can direst their area attacks — not center them on themselves but hurl the center of the impact away as far as they like.
- Invulnerable got an ability to build allied turrets. This vehicle is now a one-ship-strikeforce that can bring firepower with her wherever she goes.
- Besieger and Predator do a similar thing — they create allied "spawning pools" that bring out small AI-controlled ships that support your assault. They are different — some have lasers, some have torpedoes — but they are all very useful. If you wanted to lead a swarm onto enemy defences and blot out the sun — now you can do that!
There was also a lot of server-side stuff done, but if we gt it right, you probably won't notice anything — just absense of delays, memory leaks and other problems. The game should run quicker and smoother now.
All that said and done, we're not taking a vacation — the hard work continues day in and day out. Our nearest plans are these:
- Time for something new! — we're bringing new combat mechanics into the game. They'll create new combat roles and repurpose old ones, all for the aim we set for ourselves from the start — to make a game where everyone will find a combat role perfectly suitable and fun for them. Tell us if you don't have one yet — we'll find something new for you!
- Time for a new ship! — and not just one. These new mechanics need vessels, right? New, beautiful and formidable ships are coming to your hangar, each one perfectly fit for battle and with many customization options to bring it to your taste.
- Time to go big! — we're putting finishing touches on another new map, which is going to be significantly larger, better suited to big battles with a lot of participants, and will put to good use all strategies and mechanics available in the game.
- Time to go informative! — your hangar bay will soon display all the combat statistics that concern you, so you'll be able to track your progress and see when you get better and how good you already are.
- Time to go to war! — well, you know what THAT means. Fly out and blow stuff up! Those medals won't award themselves!
8 julho 2014
Here we go again! This is a new and improved version of Cannons Lasers Rockets that is better from every angle — quicker, sleeker and far playable than ever before!
Now every ship is gonna become available for every player, there should be no more server troubles and customization is finally here!
And the main news is — you'll need a bigger hangar!
From now on, all game ships are permanently available to every player. This is free, unlimited and simple. Just grab whatever vessel you like and fly into combat!
Availability of ships will not change with the coming release, all ships are equal (but different in style) and together they form a range that's suitable for everyone. And even more ships with new combat roles and gameplay styles will arrive soon! Follow the updates if you don't want to miss it.
This is a part of our new initiative that's better for both free and Elite players alike!
But that's certainly not all that was done. Here's a list of our accomplishments:
- there's a new unique limited-offer that'll help you get a limited edition ship; it's like pre-order DLC, only better, because everybody can get it! You buy a Pioneer Edition and you get three ships that are available only to Pioneers!
There's a lot more to know. Read about it here.
- ship customization is finally available, though still in the prototype stage. What does this mean? This means that you can change the colours of your ship to your heart's desire. And not only that! Every ship now has four different models to choose from — same armaments, different hull. Who knows, maybe the jagged one really brings out the beauty of your maneuver - or the sleek one really suits your shooting style. Choose the one that's better for you, recolor and reskin it — and fly back into battle!
- customization options include new hulls, new colors, new textures and camouflage patterns; there's a lot of stuff already available and even more will come soon!
- all Elite players receive all the ship customization options at once, no additional unlocking neccessary! And all those luxuries will stay with you to Release point and beyond! Read our new announcements to find out more.
- everybody else can buy new skins and textures for Reputation points — blow stuff up, earn renown and spend that renown on fancy stripes and scary decals!
- no more synchronisation troubles! We fixed all the problems we — with your immeasurable help! — have found, so now the game should work quickly, smoothly and without unpleasant surprises (except for those your opponents have in stock).
- we've overhauled the tutorial! Now you can have all your pilot's school education in whooping five minutes! And, well, it's just for spaceships, so don't go buying that Boeing just yet.
- the engine for achievements is out, though not all the medals and badges are already minted; we help you gain them, but it's your job to boast them!
- we took significant steps in improving gameplay — rebalanced a lot of stuff and also added two new technologies to all ships — they are called Evasion and Escape and do pretty much what it says on the tin. Not that we'd call your ship a tin — after all, we modelled it!
If you really want to get into the nitty-gritty, this link is for you
Remember — the game is still in Early Access, which means it's not only actively developed, but still is rough around the edges and does not include a lot of content planned for release. And when is that, you ask? Well, glad you asked! We're planning on release late this summer, so brace yourselves for there's fare more cannons, lasers and rockets coming your way!