As promised, today we're starting the Break Bad beta. This is a combat oriented game type where players spawn without any weapon or melee capabilities. Killing unarmed players is penalized, however as soon players can attack by weapon purchase or other ways, they become targets and their heads are worth good money.
Unlike Shootout game modes, there's a team goal in Break Bad: being the richest team at the end of the map. Total cash team increases each time a player earn cash by any way. Team cash can't be diminished so it doesn't matter how players spend their personal cash.
There are several ways to earn money:
- kill enemy players: the higher is its kill count the higher is reward.
- loot delivery: take a loot from place to place. Killing a loot carrier involves a special reward.
- weapon sales: players can exchange all their weapons for cash at certain places.
Note for server admins: to start a Break Bad server, just change your fof_sv_currentmode cvar to 3
- Break Bad mode (beta)
- Player stats (notoriety, frags, cash, etc) get saved if player disconnects for whatever reason, if player rejoins same map and server they are restored
- Extra options to configure notoriety / killstreak panel (look in Options/Multiplayer/Advanced)
- team balancing for 3 or 4 teams matches
- team identification behind player health counter (can be disabled in Options/Multiplayer/Advanced)
- Teamplay mode: player's cash column in scoreboard
- fists can't be used during first spawn in deathmatch modes
- possible bot related glitch that causes an infinite loop or server crash
- weapon chest selection menu remains open despite player has been killed
- fof_cripplecreek: exploit fixed, navigation improvements
- team balance now takes into account friends in same team
- bigger text for death notices and scoreboard
- Volcanic pistol cost increased: +$2
Howdy! You may have noticed certain lack of updates during the past few days but don't worry, next one is around the corner.
There are going to be quite a few interesting additions, I'd like to highlight 2 of them. First of all, a new game mode called Break Bad is meant to be included as some sort of public beta. This means it still needs further development and will change a bit over the time but the only way to take it further at this point is testing it extensively.
The second addition I'd like to remark is the official support for 32 slot maps. Some server admins 'hacked' 32 slot support in the past and it resulted in some undesirable results that I don't want to repeat, so there will be a few restrictions. Only some officials maps will be declared as 32 slot capable, Fistful and CrippleCreek to be more exact. Also, Break Bad will be the only compatible game mode, this restriction may be lifted in the future though.
Additionally, there will be added a 12 slot map rotation. This means that FoF will receive smaller maps in the future and those only will load when a dedicated server is set to 12 slots or less. Smaller maps are easier to create and fit different purposes than bigger ones, so I'm hoping this new feature will be worth.
Next update will be released tomorrow unless something unexpected happens.
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Sign in to add your own tags to this product.