War of the Human Tanks is a charming grid-based tactical game. It features a set of colorful character archetypes (the strict Satou, the easygoing Choko, a shut-in genius, and a bunch of awesome 'Human Tanks'. After playing for over 30 hours, here's what I think..
- upbeat soundtrack
- large unit strategic variation
- challenging bonus maps
- multiple routes
- easy to learn
- great character design
Cons (sort of):
- the campaign was too easy (common in a lot of games that emphasize difficulty in bonus content)
- the tutorial was a bit lacking
- there's a fair bit of farming involved (as with most Japanese games)
- there is no way to significantly speed up large actions (you can cut out animation but it still takes a while to do hit confirmation for a large target area radius attack)
**The game has a lot of dialogue in it. If you are solely interested in the tactical combat, there are several skip features implemented to aid in this.
Overall, the game was really enjoyable. It would have done just fine with a little less farming but that's not much of an issue. The campaign does not take long to complete in case you are interested in the story behind it all. I am definitely interested in playing the other titles in this series once they get on Steam!
Oh and for those of you who like achievements..http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=217602410
Posted: January 19th, 2014