Do you like great fighting games? If you answered yes, then go get it. It's a good buy.LONG VERSION
BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger is a 2D fighting game, and the first entry of the BlazBlue franchise followed by Continuum Shift and Chrono Phantasma.
Calamity Trigger features 12 fighters, each with their unique gameplay, strengths and weaknesses.
As a fighting game it's important to mention that the game can be played excellent on keyboard without any trouble. The combos are fairly easy, and you will always find new ways to chain them into better ones.
The controls are responsive and there's no delay at all. Graphics wise the game looks gorgeous: the 2D sprite models are looking good, and integrate well into the 3D background, while animations are smooth and beautiful as well.
Aside from the usual story mode, there Arcade mode for every character, mini-games and tons of unlockable artworks to keep you busy for a long time!
However like most games, Calamity Trigger has its' flaws too: first off the Developers removed the multiplayer, though it was part of the game for the Games For Windows Live release, and second the game tends to have 30 FPS limit sometimes due to a bug. To fix the 30FPS limit you have to restart your PC, aside from this issue, the game runs smooth with 60FPS cap.
Overall Blazblue: Calamity Trigger is an amazing fighting game. I can highly recommend this to anyone, whether you're new to fighting games or a veteran in the genre.
And as a Guilty Gear/Blazblue fan is a no-brainer to buy, since it increases the chance of seeing more recent games from the developers on Steam!PRO
- Graphics are beautiful. The 2D sprite models seemlessly "integrate" into the 3D background.
- Animations looking smooth and nice.
- Soundtrack is amazing.
- The game features 2 different language voice acting: Japanese and English. Both are solid.
- Controls are responsive. The game plays smooth. Combos are easy to pull off. Can be played with keyboard without any difficulties. CONS
- Lack of multiplayer.
- Occational 30 FPS cap bug. To fix the FPS limit you have to restart your PC.
- Steam cloud doesn't work, though it's shown on store page.