It's finally fully released! We made it! Narwhals are soon to be running amok all over the place!
Here are the goods:
- New versus levels:
- The Gate
- Tumble Dry
- Slippery Slope
- Challenge levels
- 11 new Obstacle levels
- 13 new Target levels
- Steam stuff:
- Steam leaderboards
- Trading cards
- Big Picture support
- Music - 5 fresh new tracks, including the Obstacles theme shown in the launch trailer!
- More sounds - end of match sounds, world-specific ambience, and more!
- Even more visual effects: shockwave, heat shimmer, and lots of new particle effects!
- Challenge modes: a ‘next level’ button has been added to stay in the groove
- Updated challenge results screen - you can now see the required times for platinum, gold, silver, bronze medals, the difference between your current and best time, and the name of the level you just played
- End of match visuals and sounds for GAME, TIME, and COMPLETE
- Options: resolution can now be changed in game
- Control: gamepads now can use both analog sticks for turning, as well as both triggers for gas - now you can play one handed like in Wave Race 64!
- Credits - our identities have been revealed, as well as the amazing people who have helped us make it!
- Level name changes
- Moebius to Möbius (big change!)
- Fast Forward to Time Spiral
- The Clash to Flip and Dip
- Battlefield to Slush Puppy
- Glacial Gate to Glacial Pass
- Gamepads can now use the dpad for menu navigation
- On gamepads the ‘A’ button is now used for readying up instead of the ‘X’ button
- Challenge mode: Lava is a +5 sec penalty, Fireballs are now a +3 sec penalty
- Challenge mode: game timer is now has .000 precision - as accurate as Olympic bobsledding - important for leaderboard rivalry!
- New medal graphics
- End of match: selecting “Restart” after a Random level was played will pick another random level
- Level loading is improved
- Physic calculations have been optimized
- Game timer font has been updated
Thanks to everybody who has supported us up to this point! To any newcomers to neon space narwhal combat, good call on upgrading your existence!
Hey cool cats,
Big news! STARWHAL is coming out of Early Access and transitioning into the full release very soon!
Full release of STARWHAL on Steam is launching September 29th!
It’s been a while since we started up the Early Access back in February. Thanks to everyone who has been with us since then (and even before!), and everyone who’s joined us for the ride!
As some of you remember, we started the Early Access with these features:
- 2 versus game modes
- 3 worlds
- 10 versus arenas
- AI players
- 12 song soundtrack
- 48 costumes
- 1 burrito
Let’s have a look at what’s in the full release:
- 4 versus game modes
- 5 worlds
- 25 versus arenas
- AI players
- 17 song soundtrack
- 90 costumes
And all this totally new stuff!
- 32 single player challenge levels
- 16 obstacle levels
- 16 target levels
- Race to get Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum medals
- Leaderboards to track challenge level times and your worth as a human being
- Ghost replays to play against - beat your rivals and gloat to your friends!
- 24 Achievements
- Customizable match rules
- Redesigned UI for game status and menus
- Radical new post FX including bloom, distortion waves, and more
- Steam trading cards
- 1 burrito (okay, this one's not new, but don’t fix what ain’t broke)
Thanks so much for everyone who gave us feedback during development - we really appreciate it! The game has grown into something much bigger and better than we anticipated and we couldn’t have done it without you and all our loyal backers on Kickstarter.
With all these new features, we’ve decided that we’ll be increasing the price to $14.99
for the full release, with a 15% launch sale discount for the first week. For anyone who hasn’t picked the game up yet, you still have until September 29th to buy it at the original $9.99 price!
This release isn't the end! We've already got ideas and plans for post-release content updates that will be totally free. Stay tuned!
See you, space cowboys and girls!