Broken Sword 5 is an awesome adventure game and hails the return of one of the best game franchises in adventure game history. The graphics are awesome, even if some of the animations are a little stiff and awkward. The voice acting for the most part is superb with standout performances from george and nico. The story is amazing and is right up there with broken sword 1 and 2. Now for some basic pros and cons.
1. voice acting
2. overall story is very well done that kept me engaged the whole way. I always loved the Indiana Jones aspects of the broken sword series and this game is no exception. its full of intrigue and suspense.
3. puzzles for the most part are well thought out and not too hard, but as in any adventure game there are some hard ones and some solutions that are basically just trial and error. there is a built in hint system that can help you, im pretty proud I ony had to use it on two puzzles. overall I give the puzzle difficulty of it a 6/10 in the fact that for the most part they will challenge you but not frustrate you.
4. The hand drawn backgrounds all look fantastic, and I mean FANTASTIC.
5. The length of the game is also really good, I beat the the game in about 12.5 hrs, which I think is the perfect length for a game.
1. Animations are a little wonkie and im not a huge fan of the 3d models they used for the characters, I wish they were hand drawn like the backgrounds
2. Humor and jokes while at times are truly funny, I believe this game misses on the jokes more than they hit. not a huge deal but I wanted to point it out.
3. While the cutscenes still look good, they are no where the level they were in broken sword 1 and 2.
4. the game for the most part ran smoothly but did crash on me twice, the good part though is it does auto save frequently, so was not a huge issue.
5. While I love the fan service and cameos I thought they had too many cameos and returning characters, and one to many goat puzzles lol.
This game is great I got it on sale and I cant reccomend it enough to anybody, especially if you played the other games in the series and enjoyed them, or if your an adventjure game fan in general. Although you should first play broken sword 1 and 2 bc even though this is the 5th game in the series, im pretty sure it follows the events of broken sword 2. they are also on sale right now. Broken Sword 5 is a great entry into the series, if I had to rank my fav broken sword games in order it would go
1. broken sword 1
2. broken sword 5
3. broken sword 2
4. broken sword 3
5. broken sword 4