It's not a bad game for what it is, gameplay is simple and addictive, and the visuals are.... Nice? Still, there are some flaws that I will proceed to list:
- Sometimes, the HUD actually gets in the way, your car loves hiding behind it in some parts of certain tracks, which can be pretty damn annoying.
- The music is not really that bad, but it's pretty bland, hit or miss. I personally use my own playlist.
- The game is randomized when it comes to tracks and even racers you will be going against. It's not that bad, but sometimes, the races are way too easy when you have 3 other cars in a long, long race. That's not too bad, but then....
- ....Sometimes, it's totally the opposite, and that's when it gets annoying. You are racing against 9 or so other cars in a small ♥♥♥ circuit, which gets you screaming "GET THE ♥♥♥♥ OUT OF MY WAY" more often than you would like to. It's like a ♥♥♥♥ing nascar race.
- The game's got some kind of weird rubber banding. You can actually leave the other racers way behind, they won't catch up with you in 2 seconds most of the time. But each time you cross the finish line, each lap, the AI gets stronger, better, faster, but not harder. If you are struggling to keep up with the other racers BEFORE the second to last lap, you are ♥♥♥♥ed, my friend.
- This is actually pretty rad. Sometimes, the enemy racers get stuck in certain corners of the track, and they will stay there, motionless, until you, or somebody else, is gentle enough to nudge it out of the twilight zone....
-...Of course, this can happen to you, also. You won't get stuck there for a whole lap, but your top speed will get screwed up when you hit A SINGLE PIXEL IN THE WAY! COME ON!
- 10-16 lap races. Just....Avoid these. With the rubber banding AI that gets stronger each lap, you won't finish in first, second, third, or even fourth place unless you are really, really skilled, and also, lucky. It's just a waste of time. Avoid.
- If you are like me, an average driver, you will have lots of trouble staying away from the walls. Which means you will have to pay for repairs. How much? Just like 80% of your race money. Dear god, another grindfest.
All in all, this game isn't terribly bad, but it's not....That good neither. It's just one of those games you play now and then, or in worst case scenario, play once and never touch it again. Judge for yourself, if you dare.