Note: This Early Access game may or may not change significantly over the course of development. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you may want to wait until the game progresses further in development. Learn more
Last Knight: Rogue Rider Edition will finally make the transition from Early Access to the Full Release on October the 3rd which is already this Friday!
If you are playing Last Knight already since its Standard Edition release you might know that it is already more then a year since the launch of it. It was the 10th September of 2013! After that release quite a lot things have been added and then came the transition to the Rogue Rider Edition and with it the Early Access launch on Steam that introduced the new Rogue Rider Adventure mode. I have then added more and more features to it and it got to something pretty big that combines the arcade-ish platforming and jousting gameplay with RPG elements and the hardcore mechanics of rogue-like games. Which includes the randomly generated world where you can choose your own way and the merciless mechanic where everything is lost when you die.
With the release, Update 7 will also get live. It will include the last missing piece of the Rogue Rider Adventure mode and with it make all 3 game modes complete. The big addition are Wonders of the World (as actual places) which you can then find and collect all 7 over the course of multiple games. It will be of course very hard to get to them where the mode is already really hard.
The Stairs to the Sky wonder of the world.
Update 7 will also include new music by Edouard Brenneisen, there will be much more interesting gameplay music that also comes with musical sounds which merge with the actual track. Also new is the music for the 3D Map and Inventory.
Originally I wanted to show you the new intro as a trailer here but since it has already rendered more then 100 hours you will get to see it on the release day. It comes with amazing new music as well.
The release will of course also include the missing localizations for the Rogue Rider Adventure mode.
Releasing the game on the 3rd doesn't mean that I will stop development but instead that it has reached the state where it has all the features that I planned. Also, there can never be enough hats. :)
I hope you are excited as well and maybe spread the word about the release.
I better get cracking now, I still have to build some wonders of the world!
@TocoGamescom - http://www.lastknightthegame.com
Update #6 is finally released and with it a lot of new things for the Rogue Rider Adventure mode!
- Added Villages
- Added various armours (RRA)
- Added blacksmith
- Added mine bombs and rolling boulders
- Added Hats with magic properties for RRA
- Added 3 New hat types
- Added squires (RRA)
- Added death screen and reward screen
- Added alternative camera
- Added Camera/screen/Fx options sub screen
- Added new main menu
- Added options to inventory
- Added lance targeting ray (setting that is default on)
- Added 12 new achievements
- Added randomly generated underpants
- Added armor denting and the losing of armor (RRA)
- Added more high res resolutions
- Added symbols toggling for map
- Added some more cinematic animations and zoom for death stares
- Added text for traders
- Added graves that can be visited
- Added cinematic cam for shoulder pads breaking and armor breaking
- Added cloud saving
- Changed system settings to be saved seperately (for cloud saving)
- Changed first startup screen
- Changed that there is no text and score fx in cinematic views
- Changed that there are no skeletons in curves
- Changed ghost sunken to only do no strafing penalty instead of death
- Changed distance ridden to be not visible in story and RRA
- Improved hats shaders
- Improved cinematic context sensitivity
- Improved some menu stuff
- Improved starving fx
- Improved some textures
- Improved diamonds placement
- Tweaked RRA power ups to be priced lower
- Tweaked world map random generation
- Tweaked map loading screen
- Tweaked Power up activating
- Tweaked pooping to be also possible on level/area ends
- Tweaked pain sounds to always play for RRA scratch and fly pain sound play more often
- Tweaked start camera animations
- Tweaked cinematic cameras
- Tweaked lava pool rays to be less
- Fixed Issues with rainbow powerup
- Fixed no red blinking when already max fat before ride start
- Fixed scratch post fx turning starving fx off
- Fixed quick select tile after world creation sometimes not work
- Fixed a issue with ambient sound and map
- Fixed A Hat for Each Hat achievement not unlocking
- Fixed a issue with fatness displays
- Fixed screen fx setting switching things around
- Fixed overlapping cinematic activation in rare cases
- Fixed Eight Armed Logger happening with logs already down
- Fixed starving auto eat can activate while eating pickup
- Fixed cinematic cam fog glitch
- Fixed endless journey info text sometimes in mutators menu
- Fixed outro english hint text repeating
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Sign in to add your own tags to this product.