My Review : Rate
Game Information :
Title : Estranged: Act I
Engine : Source
Genre : Adventure, Free to Play, Indie, Single Player, FPS
Platforms : Windows, Mac, Linux
Developer : Alan Edwardes
Release Date : 16 Jan, 2014
Estranged: Act I is a free Half Life 2 mod made using Source Engine. Its a pretty good mod and has amazing environment. Its free mod and you need to figure your way out by solving simple puzzles. I recommend it to all Half Life fans as it has a similar environment and puzzles.
● HL2 Mod but like a standalone game.
● Source engine graphics.
● Bit of horror when you are around zombies and enemies.
● 8 simple steam achievements and one carry till the end achievement.
● No boss fights.
● Few types of enemies.
● I didn't enjoy the ending. :(
● Human Enemies can kill you instantly.
● Some maps are laggy and crashes sometimes.
● Bad lighting effects at some places like vents where you can see light rays behind the wall.
Its free so its worth playing, but let me remind you something. It is an episodic game so you'll have to wait for the next episode. It's not perfect and awesome game but as a standalone mod, it has potential.