We're happy to announce that Distant Worlds: Universe has been updated again, which makes two updates in the last two weeks! This new update, 188.8.131.52 is the tenth free update since release and brings the number of fixes, changes and improvements into the hundreds. This latest update focuses on improvements to Pirate gameplay, but also adds a few other nice improvements and fixes.
In addition, to celebrate this update and the holiday season, we are pleased to offer Distant Worlds: Universe at a discounted price again (equal to the launch discount). This is a limited time one-week sale, so if you've been waiting to jump on board, there's no better time on the horizon!
Here's the full change list for these two recent updates since the 184.108.40.206 update:
- fixed crash when viewing newly conquered colony
- fixed rare crash when calculating spaceport income
- fixed rare crash when ship performing fleet tasks
- fixed rare crash when inflicting damage on target
- fixed rare crashes in some race events
- fixed bug where games would not start when more than 256 components defined
- ensure characters with random appearance order now work properly, even when many custom characters defined and many random appearance orders used
- ensure Shakturi always properly use custom design templates when available
- bases built at planets/moons/asteroids no longer detach when built by improvised construction ships (e.g. Exploration ships) that use a subrole other than 'Construction Ship'
- ship captain characters now have their skills and traits revealed after their first battle
- pirate bases with Gravity Well Projectors will now properly stop all enemy ships, not just other pirates
- pirate income from controlled colonies is now never negative, even when colony has negative revenue (i.e. colony maintenance upkeep greater than income)
- maintenance costs for each troop unit now properly shown in Troops screen when playing as pirate
- in pirate missions panel in Empire Navigation Tool, now properly show Defend missions when "Showing Available Missions" and "Showing All Missions Types" (when playing as pirate)
- pirate factions now properly process *owned* colonies so that the following activities occur: troops recruited, population growth rates vary, luxury resources ordered, population race bonuses applied, etc
- pirate resort bases now properly cleaned up when destroyed
- Ships and Bases screen now remembers last filter setting
- added troop strength summary to hover tip in Selection Panel when Colony selected and hovering mouse over 'Troops' line
- AI now more careful about selecting location for characters with demoralizing trait, may dismiss character (when characters automated)
- increased range at which spaceport tractor beams will push away invading troop transports. Spaceports will now also push away transports even when not primary target
- added new flee when setting: Armor 50% or Shields 20% (also supported in design template files: use setting Armor50 for optional FleeWhen)
- increased maximum number of research projects from 1000 to 1500
- increased maximum number of components from 300 to 500
The new 220.127.116.11 update will automatically install when you restart Steam.
Distant Worlds version 18.104.22.168 is now available. The patch brings new bug fixes and increases the stability of the game, as well as further expanding the modding limits. Last but not least, the AI has also been tweaked further. Please keep the feedback coming, as the developers are eager to continue supporting the biggest 4X game out there!
If you are using the Steam version, the update will be downloaded automatically.
• CRASH FIXES
o Fixed crash when viewing newly conquered colony
• BUG FIXES
o fixed bug where games would not start when more than 256 components defined
o ensure characters with random appearance order now work properly, even when many custom characters defined and many random appearance orders used
o ensure Shakturi always properly use custom design templates when available
• SHIP DESIGN
o added new flee when setting: Armor 50% or Shields 20% (also supported in design template files: use setting Armor50 for optional FleeWhen)
o increased maximum number of research projects from 1000 to 1500
o increased maximum number of components from 300 to 500
o AI now more careful about selecting location for characters with demoralizing trait, may dismiss character (when characters automated)
increased range at which spaceport tractor beams will push away invading troop transports. Spaceports will now also push away transports even when not primary target.
“Distant Worlds: Universe is my favourite space strategy game. Not my favourite space strategy game released this week and not my favourite space strategy game released this year. It’s the definitive version of the best space strategy game I’ve ever played and I want to share the excitement with everyone”
Rock Paper Shotgun
“Distant Worlds: Universe is perhaps the finest 4x Space game in a generation, certainly since Galactic Civilizations 2. It's a challenging and complex game packed with features that allows you to choose just how you want to play it, while accommodating a wide variety of play-styles and strategies.”
9/10 – Strategy Informer
“Its enormous, complex and - above all - fun.”
4.5/5 – Digitally Downloaded
© 2014 Slitherine Ltd. and Matrix Games Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Distant Worlds, Distant Worlds Return of the Shakturi, Distant Worlds Legends, Distant Worlds Shadows, Distant Worlds Universe, Slitherine Ltd., Matrix Games Ltd., and their Logos are all trademarks of Slitherine Ltd. All other marks and trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Developed by Code Force Limited & Slitherine Ltd./Matrix Games Ltd.
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Sign in to add your own tags to this product.