Explore the skies of a Steampunk world while discovering islands, taming beasts, and battling anything that stands in your way. When you've had your fill of adventuring, you can build up an outpost to serve as your base of operations for crafting and sending your captains out on missions while you're away.
Your friends can also set up outposts which you can visit and help out. Oh, and did we mention that your account is fully cross-platform and cloud-enabled, so it can be resumed from Android/iOS devices? Yeah, it's pretty slick.
SBO is free-to-play, with an expected release for 2015. It's NOT pay-to-win. Instead, the microtransaction model follows games like Path of Exile and League of Legends, where it's purely cosmetic.
Join us for beta to start your journey!
Known Issues in This Phase
Also, there will be a character wipe before open beta
This forum post has a visual roadmap
- Bugs. Definitely bugs.
- No pathing for NPC/Monsters except random wandering.
- No full tutorial.
- Lack of some sounds.
- Combat needs improvement.
- Minimal variety of weapons/ships/monsters.
- Ability diversity for normal attacks, no buff/debuff spells.
- GUI for captain missions.
- GUI systems for crafting.
- No Encyclopedia (Button still in-game).
- No Social (Button still in-game).
- Many clothing assets are simply Captain Equipment..
- Requires Steam Bandits account to play (no guest mode yet)
Expansion1 - 2016
- Tier4 Content
- Northlands areas
- (More details later)
Expansion2 - 2016
- Tier5 Content
- Pirate bases
- (More details later)
While traversing the world of Stratos, you will:
Steam Bandits: Outpost
- Recruit airship captains on your path to fortune and glory.
- Engage in combat against pirates and fierce creatures.
- Collect tons of unique companions.
- Build several outposts in exotic locations.
- Show off your outposts to friends and strangers.
- Customize your character and outpost with thousands of combinations.
- More Features in other expansions
You’ll be exploring the world and embarking on story-driven quests. At any given time, you may find yourself harvesting the fruitful crop of your outpost, or taking on jobs from NPCs visiting your island in the sky. Utilizing our cloud-based system, you can play on desktop, tablet, and mobile devices during a single gameplay session.
Stratos is a world of floating islands, fragmented and strewn across a seemingly-infinite sea of clouds. Although it is unknown whether it has always been this way or whether the islands were once a part of something far below, Stratians are well-adapted to their setting. Societies have been established on the largest of the sky islands, and their peoples have learned to use flox--the very mineral that keeps their world afloat--and other natural resources to their advantage.