STORE COMMUNITY ABOUT SUPPORT
Login Store Community Support
View desktop website
© Valve Corporation. All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries.
This update spent a long time coming. After many iterations, the parry has finally reached a form that is fair to high and low level players on low and high speed. An array of smaller tweaks are also included.
After the first year of post-release, I've been more or less hands off in terms of character balance. I believe it's a good thing that these things don't constantly change. After consideration I have decided to make an exemption for Dice. He received some tweaks that make his special move faster and a little more versatile.
Parrying at low speed now allows the victim to live, but grants full energy to the initiator. This allows specials to be used to guarantee ball control after release. At high speed, parries become a certain kill instead.
Just activating the parry increases the speed by 3 now. Which makes it harder to constantly spam (as you'll lose the ball over time due to the speed). And can be used as a tool to speed up the ball more without doing a more predictable smash.
- Parry hitpause delay scales from 40 to 80 speed, 29 frames to 0
- Additional hitpause delay is added if the player is parried from behind
- Serve Auto-parry knockback is reduced to make it certain-kill
- A successful parry completely fills up the energy meter now
- Special moves can be performed after a successful parry, but will be activated at the end of the hitpause
- Parry knockback stun releases 3 frames earlier when pushed against a wall
- Dice's special ball bounce duration is reduced from 16 to 8 frames
- Dice can now choose to release a bunted ball from the ground by holding 'down'
- Reduced clash knockback
- Endlessly extending parry hitpause bug fixed
- Player release before ball release on parry bug fixed
- Latch sprite fix on taunt
- Switch sprite fix on various frames
Follow Team Reptile on twitter
Follow Dion on twitter
Follow Tim on twitter
“Team Reptile really hit it out of the park with this one.”
9/10 – Destructoid
“You'll get tons of fun, with this addictive arcade style game.”
9/10 – IGN Italy
“it's a hell of a lot of fun.”
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
There is more than one way to buy this game. Please select a specific package to create a widget for:
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Sign in to add your own tags to this product.