Cold War is a 2005 made, parodic stealth action game. It is some kind of 3rd person view No One Lives Forever with hand-made gadgets which starring a journalist. It was really good first. I even planned to recommend it to you, but then, i got bored because of some problems and changed my mind. There are some summarized pros. and cons. below:
+ Story is interesting enough
+ Graphics are already outdated but it isn't ugly at all.
+ Some unique attractions like gadget crafting and X-Ray camera
Neutral: No widescreen support. Control scheme a little bit weird and dull, but somewhat useful as well. Especially setting your walking speed with mouse wheel is a good idea. Music is OK but repetitive.
- Stealth is a little bit dull. You can't do so much actions for best stealth results. Furthermore, at the last half of the game, say goodbye to stealth.
- Characters you control can't run. They pretend to do so but they seems like they are taking a stroll on the park. Any NPC runs well though.
- Aiming is bad. You can't change shoulders while aiming, so, time by time you can't see the target properly.
- You're playing on same locations over and over again.
- Planting gadgets like mines is deceptive. You have to stop the desired plant location first, then you have to highlight the gadget on the menu and left click to insta-plant.
- Background sound effects are annoying.
- A frustrating bug on Meltdown level ( spoiler: When you try to stop meltdown in Chernobyl, you have to press two buttons and start the crane, right? Be careful, you have to use these buttons first or else... you can't use crane again. That means you need to restart the level.
After all, it worth for $1,25 but don't expect too much. Especially after the last half, quality of the game started to decrease in my humble opinion.
Αναρτήθηκε: 25 Αυγούστου 2014