The game from the outside looks like team-management for basketball team, like FM for football team. The basic features are there : the team management, the facility management, contract management, etc. There is also training management, finance management, and basic management stuff that should be in any sport management game. The problem in this game is not on features, but on its execution, that is what I have to say. As in FM game, the management aspect in this game revolves on managing your players, notably their training, contract, and general condition. You can also manage your team, which revolves on how to improve your facility, what players you want to draft in this season, what players you want to sell this season, how to gain income from sponsors and tickets, and others. The game also have match management, at least in theory, because during play I always got an error when trying to resolve the match manually.
Sadly, the game don't work. There are too many bugs, too many things unfinished. I am talking about unfinished, not unpolished. For some games (notably tycoon games) some things could be unpolished, looks clunky, but the functionalities are there. A lot of stuff on this game have zero functionality, not to mention lots of game-breaking bugs.Bad UI
The UI is bad. Here are few things that I found as unacceptable :
- It's hard to navigate to a particular player.
- On the player screen, his physical stats, his offensive stats, and his defensive stats are divided into three different screens, which requires you to switch back and forth to view this player from all angles.
- You don't know how much money on-hand you got now. You can view it from the finance overview, but that only tells you about budget and remaining cash after the budget year, not your cash now.
- Everything is hard to be navigated. Too access a specific information you have to go 3-4 clicks, while in similar games 1 click or 2 click is suffice.
- There are no explanation when you are building something. The game only gives you the cost and the picture, but nothing else. Tycoons can't make decision without critical information, this game fails to deliver information.Facebook?
There are options on this game to publish certain team snippets, for example "Red Sox is looking for a new manager" in Facebook. Why with Facebook? Is this game like those farming game in Facebook, where we pester other people for help? Bad decision.A lot of things are unfunctional
If you draft the players, the screen suddenly changes background that you have hard time figuring out the text. There are problems when trying to play match manually, all matches must be played automatically. Why put the button there if it can't work?Art is good
The only redeeming factor is the art of the facility (one scene only) is quite good. No other arts existed though, because I can't play the manual game, and like tycoon games, art is limited. Tycoon games is mostly about UI, art can be followed next.
Not recommended, this game is unfinished. Unfinished. Unplayable. Not fun to play.