Recommended for fans of Euro Truck Simulator 2 or people interested in realistic truck driving sims.
Not a large sandbox world for free roaming like Euro Truck Simulator 2, but in this game the sandbox plays second fiddle to challenges and hazardous courses, and they ARE good. It would be nice to have it all in one game, but if you like ETS2 a lot, you will enjoy Scania Truck Simulator too. I compare it to ETS2 a lot, and for good reason, the games are similar and attract similar gamers except Scania has little mainstream appeal in comparison.
- hazardous roads are good areas that are really missing from a game like ETS2.
- driving school and competition challenges are well done. Some are very difficult!
- graphics are as good if not better than ETS2. Some people miss the fact that Scania is actually an older game
- the game world is smaller but it is detailed (makes ETS2 look generic in comparison)
- bonus content (actual competition photos and videos are good stuff)
- there is still a sandbox mode to free-roam in, though...
- smaller and inferior sandbox compared to ETS2 (not bad, but ETS2 is just that good)
- driving physics feel inferior to ETS2
[EDIT] - After playing more i find slippery roads and mud to be better than i first thought, so overall physics are quite good.
- fewer customisation options (can't set brake sensitivity, disable speed limiter, "pretty up" your truck)
- game engine lacks some touches (water splash for ex.) Though i played with the relatively crappy Intel HD4000 IGP, so take that into consideration.
Overall i'd recommend the game. It won't dissapoint, but it wont blow your mind either. A solid "niche" game worth picking up if you're into realistic driving sims.
Yayınlanma: 29 Haziran 2014