Do Not Buy!
This game... oh god it's bad. There is just too many things with this game that do not make it fun. I've gave this game a shot, but I just could not do it. Here is just some of the problems that make it so.
- It's a X-Box 360 Arcade game, that should say alot in what to expect.
- Not interesting. The story, characters, dialogue, NONE if it is interesting at all. The game did not give me any reason to be invested in anything. Things happen and all I said was "Huh?" The farther I got into the game, the more and more I just didn't care, and just wanted to skip everything... or quit playing. Nothing is ever really explained, nor do they expand on anything that I would guess that the game you should know already.
- Graphics are not as good as the screenshots make it appear. I have played around with the 1 graphical slider this game has, yes ONE slider, and I have not seen a single difference in anything. I could not get the game to look as good as the screenshots in the store page. I've even had where the lighting in a cutscene completely disappears when it's done.
- The animations, man the animations. Why does everyone walk/run like they have a stick up their ars!
- The dialogue all sounds like it's phoned in. The voice acting is /wrist worthy. There is no emotion in anything. In some voices, you can hear an echo from the room they were recording in!
- Fighting is repetative and controles are bad. Playing as the male guy (already forget/don't care his name) plays your normal hack and slash game, but the female vampire (again) tries to have Twin Stick shooter controls, but they simply do not work well with Cinamatic Camera Systems. She has auto lock on, and won't always lock onto what ever you are pointing at, which is anoying. I've had to aim pretty far off of enemies before the lock on would even work.
- LOCAL COOP ONLY! Are you kidding me?! If there was online play this game would be a little more fun to play with a friend, but you can't.
- Maps/Levels are not too interesting. But my main issues is some of the "platforming" sections. Having these bad controls, and trying to jump platform to platform, only to have the camera move, and fall to your death. AND find out that the last checkpoint was 5 min ago. I've had checkpoints not go off, even going up and touching the checkpoints and still not activating, forcing me to play to the next point and hope it works.
- Borderline ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ AI. I've had enemies get stuck on rocks, run off cliffs, run into water and drown themselves. I've even had enemies clip through the floor and walls.
- Bugs, oh so many bugs. I've actually KILLED NPC that give you dialogue in a cutscene, and it played through normally, but you can see them dead on the ground.
The only "good" things I've been able to get out of Blood Knights are as follows:
- Steam Trading Cards
- All female characters wear very reveling clothing/armor and have big chests?
- Items look pretty cool, and do change what your character looks like.
- There is a speach volume slider. It does go all the way to off.
... That's it I'm afraid. I personally say do not buy at all, but if you are curious and really wanna hurt yourself, as always wait for a Steam Sale. This is not worth $16.99 (CAN), or even $5. I gave this game a good try, but I can't play it. Glad I got this from a bundle.