I love Side Scrollers and to see a new one for only $3 then why not buy it?
This isn't the best of Side Scroller Shooters I've ever played, but it is fun to a point and will give you a few hours to try and get all the achievements and to get a place on the highscore.
- Side Scroll Shooter (Who doesn't love a good one?)
- Catchy Sound and Voice Over
- Highscores (Everytime you play you can try and beat your own highscore or get a place on the Global Highscores)
- Nifty Upgrade/Score System (Killing Enemies Drop power-ups and coins. Coins pay for power-ups and Coins and your Score)
- Achievements are kind of hard to get which makes you want to keep playing to achieve them
- Couple of Hours of Fun
- No Weapon Upgrades
- No Ship Upgrades
- No lives
- No sense of levels or stages (You just play until you die and repeat)
- Screen Shake could give people problems (Luckily you can turn it off)
- No way to see your Steam Friends Highscores, only global.
- Killing enemies doesn't give score, only picking up coins does
- Could have made it that killing enemies give Score
- Could have made it that picking up coins could be spent in a shop later on Weapon/Plane Upgrades
- Could implement levels
- Could implement a way to see friends highscores, not just global
Overall, in my opinion, the game is fun, adictive to a point and challenging. Now don't get me wrong as mentioned above it has it's bad points and could do with some improvements in my opinion. But it has many good points such as challenging achievements and to get on the top of the leaderboard which make you want to keep playing it. Also, for it's price, I'd say it's worth at least buying if you are bored and want to kill some time.
Overall, I'd rate this 3/5!