The Might & Magic: Duel of Champions Development Team is proud to release the Hearth of Nightmares, an exciting new expansion with cards, features, and fixes!
Hearth of Nightmares:
- 100 new cards, including 6 new heroes, creatures, spells, fortunes, events, and buildings
New menu flow and UI
New Ranking and Matchmaking system
Rearranged the Deckbuilder. Added Filters, Search field, UI upgrade
Shop & Items:
- Divided the shop in 2 categories, Standard and Legacy (Standard = Base Set 2 and up, Legacy = Base Set 1, Herald of the Void, Void Rising, Forgotten Wars, Five Towers).
- Added the Super Pack (2 rare or rarer guaranteed + Wildcards) as a Standard shop item
- Boxes of the Standard shop now contain Super Packs
- Boosts are now time-based instead of working for a fixed amount of duels
- Removed: Heroic Packs, Premium Packs, Emilio's Pack, Small Packs
- Rewards for completing the Campaigns reviewed
Altar of Wishes:
- Values of all cards reviewed
- Rewards: 1st Place (Superpack from latest series) / 2nd Place (Pack from the latest series + Pack from Base Set 2) / 3rd Place (Tournament ticket + Pack from Base Set 2)
Icon overlays can be added to players' banners to highlight special achievements (e.g. championship wins, team affiliation, etc.)
Opening Packs now takes place on a distinct screen accessible from the Cards and Decks menu
All abilities a creature has now displays an icon on the card, and not only from abilities gained from other cards
Changed the single player Campaigns. Completing a Campaign unlocks the Puzzle for that particular campaign
Implemented two distinct game Formats for Ranked Duels:
- Standard format: Only cards from Base Set 2, Heart of Nightmares and upcoming series of the seasons
- Open format: All cards
Weekly custom formats for Swiss Tournaments added
Daily Quests feature added: Daily Quests are special achievements that can be done multiple times
Rebalanced several cards
Enter the legendary universe of Might & Magic with this fantastic strategic online card game. With more than 770 cards, choose your hero, build an army with creatures, spells, buildings and fortunes and defeat cunning opponents in battles of epic proportions.
IMMERSIVE FANTASY UNIVERSE
Experience the time-tested factions of the Might & Magic universe in a completely new format. Discover a wealth of beautifully illustrated game cards, featuring all the well-known characters, spells and heroes from the Might & Magic series of games.
BECOME A CHAMPION
Objective of the game:
Choose a faction:
- Defeat your opponent’s hero by deploying creatures, casting spells and taking advantage of buildings, fortunes and events.
Pick your hero:
- There are 6 different factions with their own distinct history and play style: Haven, Inferno, Necropolis, Stronghold, Sanctuary and Academy. Discover them all and master their strategies.
Build your army for battle:
- There are over 46 heroes to choose from. The hero you pick will determine the faction your army hails from, your starting levels and life. Each hero also has access to certain schools of magic.
Master the battleground:
- Use the deck builder to create and manage your decks; possibilities are endless and you can create as many of them as you want. Each deck consists of 1 hero card, 8 event cards, and a mix of 50 to 200 creature, spell and fortune cards.
Play different game modes:
- Bring your deck into battle! There are 16 positions on the battleground where your cards can be deployed and repositioned, presenting a wide array of approaches and possibilities for deep strategy.
SOCIALIZE AND COMPETE ONLINE
- Battle various online opponents in ranked or unranked 1 on 1 duels. Take part in daily tournaments or create your own. Win rewards and unlock challenging achievements as you climb up the leaderboards.
GROW YOUR COLLECTION
- Chat with friends and opponents as playing, and visit the official forums to keep in touch with the Duel of Champions community
- Look for the latest news and updates by following Duel of Champions on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and Twitch.
- Challenge your friends directly or let the matchmaking system find you a worthy opponent
- Participate in various online tournaments & leaderboards
- Play and level up to unlock free rewards including cards, decks, boosts, currency, tournament tickets, and Wildcards.
- Get exclusive cards for free by completing achievements and winning tournaments
- Visit Emilio’s shop and take advantage of special offers to build your card collection