Before I totally thrash this game, let me say that it is THE BEST motocross game ever released. The developers are definitely on the right track with this game. This is the most realistic motocross game ever.
1. This is a very, very barebones game. Once you have mastered it and can win on highest difficult on all of the tracks it is boring. All you will be doing is the same races over and over again. Online can add some better competition, but it hardly ever works. When it does work it is totally laggy, and I don't even mean the other players are lagging around. It is YOUR bike that is jerking around. What the hell is up with that?!?!? Just no. That's horrible.
- Make an actually fun career mode to fix this. Take hints from other racing games... I really like how in career on F1 2012 you can complete challenges to "collect data for research" and if you can complete the challenges correctly you can gain a performance improvement that stays for the rest of the career. That is really cool and keeps you playing the career mode, because it is not the same thing over and over again. Add that to this game!!
- Make online multiplayer actually work, thanks.
2. WHERE ARE THE TWO STROKES? This ain't motocross without two strokes. It even says the displacement limits for the two strokes before you select which class to race. So where are they?
- Add two-strokes, people love them
3. The sound is HORRIBLE in this game. Seriously what am I riding, a bicycle with a spoke slapper or a high tech racing engineered single? Because in this game it really sounds like a bicycle with a spoke slapper. The sound of the bikes is SO stupid. Jeez it's ridiculous
- I don't know how the developers managed to screw this up, but unscrew it!
4. The rear end is firmly planted. There is way too much rear end traction. We are riding on the dirt here. In real life the rear end is soooo light and easy to break loose. You can't steer with the rear much in this game because that rear tire won't break loose! Even jabbing fully on the rear brake doesn't cause the tire to lock!
- Decrease the traction in the rear!
5. The 250's don't have enough power. Seriously, you're telling me I can't power out of a corner in second gear on a 250? That's just wrong. Also the 250's rev WAY too slowly. In real life when you blip the throttle it will go from idle to rev limit before your brain can even process what just happened. On this game it takes a whole 1.5 seconds to rev to the limiter in neutral or in the air. That's wrong.
- Engines need to rev up more quickly
6. Downshifting and engine braking slow the bike down like magic. Again the rear end is demonstrating way too much traction. If you come hauling ♥♥♥ at 50mph into a turn on this game, all you need to do is slam it down to first gear and you immediately slow down to the max speed of first gear. That is so stupid.
- Decrease the rear end traction!!!
7. The power on all of the bikes is far too easy to control. You can slam it wide open on a 450 coming out of a corner in second gear on this game and everything will be just fine. Really? Because I'm pretty sure that will totally break your ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ open in real life as all the ♥♥♥♥ comes blasting out of it.
- Power needs to be more violent
8. The whips/scrubs are programmed. You don't get to do them yourself, they just happen if you lean off of a jump. That was really disappointing. The worst part is the impending front flip after you do a whip. You can't throttle out of it after you whip, your ♥♥♥ is just going over the bars!
- At the very least, fix the front flip problem. You should be able to hit the throttle to get the front end up mid air
9. The power on the 450s peaks too early. You make it half way through the rev range and then the power drops off and stops picking up. That's wrong. Yes, 450s have assloads of power at low RPM but they still do peak way up there.
10. No clutch option to slip the clutch. Being able to slip the clutch is important, especially on 250s when you need to get to the meat of the power at the apex of a turn. You can't do that in this game, which is a big problem.
11. The ruts don't really change the way you ride the track. That's totally unrealistic. Ruts are a game changer.
- Make the ruts able to dig down deeper into the track.
12. Helmet camera is horrible on this.
- increase the field of view both vertically and horizontally
13. I'd like more setup options. Gear ratio options: you get to choose between low, medium or high. Woooooooooooooooo that's just epic isn't it? NOT -.-
14. Let's have some weather! Motocross doesn't magically make the weather 75F and sunny. Change it up a bit!
15. There just isn't much of an exciting atmosphere to the game. It's pretty drab :/
16. Add some more excitement with camera effects and other special effects. A tiny bit of motion blur and camera shake would be nice. Update the graphics so they don't look so old and plain! Again take hints from other racing games. The Shift 2 / Project CARS game engine is a perfect example of how camera and graphics effects can really make the game!