Before you start looking my review being stinky and unfair because I only played 2 hours, it's because I already have 50+ hours on PS Vita cause there's where this game was intended for, so let's begin.
+ Very nice graphics for a game that's a port from consoles. Kudos to Autodesk Beast.
+ Very easy career to folow: Win the 6 Special Stages and ascend in the rangings. Easy, simple and effective to achieve fun.
+ Not powerhouse PC requiremends in order to play. Good for people with mid-range PCs who want 1080p resolution.
+ Good variety of cars to choose while you unlock better rep.
+ Online leaderboards that sync with an account IF you want to create one (GFWL sucks, no way around it).
+ Nice voice acting. You can hear really good the instructions from your partner.
+ Loads fast (again port, so on a HDD the load is way quicker)
The cons are mostly revolve around the fact that this is a port and a quorky one at that.
- Very VERY sensitive controls, don't try keyboard even if your life was depended on it. With controller things get better but still if you are low tempered you will surely throw the controller out the window. That's because PS Vita analog sticks have very small area of reaction, 1o in PS Vita corresponds to 10o in controllers so you have to somehow amend to that and the solution is to make the controlls very sensitive. Don't try to change the sensivity, you will make things worse.
- Repetitive gameplay. Same tracks 80% of the time and no other modes like 1vs1 race or something else.
- No team pros and cons. It would give the game a bit depth to the team you choose but only car power (also uninteresting) matters.
- Weird way classes of WRC are shown. Junior I get, but what's the difference between WRC 1,2 or 3 ?
- If the game crashes for no reason, you might be welcomed later with a message saying "Your save game is corrupted", also for no reason.
- If you get stuck while trying to upload your times inbetween races you either lose the race or your save game, again, for no reason.
- Way to pricy for a bare bone experience. 30 dollars ? You mad son ? DIRT 3 costs 25 and since yesterday the GFWLess version with all the DLC included just got released for 22.5 dollars. Pick it up only for 50% sale and above only.
- Did I mention the save games get corrupt easy ?
The only reason I give it thumps up is because I bought it on sale both in PS VIta and for my traveling PC, otherwise I prefer DIRT 3.