After playing this game for more or less 50 hours, I have come to these conclusions.
2K has done a TERRIBLE
job on their PC port of NBA 2K14. Though I know this may not be the next-gen port, this game still does not meet my personal expectations and feels worse as compared to previous titles and years of the NBA2K franchise.
Over the course of my playing time, I have experienced many frustrating issues with the game. Here are some of the examples.
1. Player stats are not consistent. How is it that MyPlayer, who has maxed out his stats, miss a wide open 3-point shot with no defenders, with the shot feedback showing A+ on Shot Selection and Excellent on Release? I dont know either. This major issue happens too often that I have resorted to give up on shooting the ball, and drive it in instead.
2. Opponents are too over-powered. Though this may sound like I'm a ♥♥♥♥♥, or suck at the game, but this is a major issue that I've felt playing NBA 2K14. The opposing team seems to have stats that are not accurate to their real-life counter-parts. How is it that a CENTER is able to intercept my bounce pass when he is not quick enough to react to it? Do you really think every player is aware of a pass and is able to react to it quickly enough to steal it? I don't think so. I have experienced countless possessions that ended up in turnovers because of the over-powered oppenents.
Another stat issue is with the speed. Do you really think that a center can outrun me? A 6'8 SF with 90 speed? Yeah, of course he can! (sarcasm)
The stats in the game are not realistic, and it gives players abilities they do not possess.
3. There seems to be an issue with ball control. For some reason, MyPlayer, who has maxed out his dribble attributes, can't keep the ball in his hands without having to pass it to some other player. Even with my stats maxed, there seems to be a way for my opponents to take the ball for me. No wonder I average 4 turnovers a game.
4. Association mode is terrible. That's just to make it simple. There seems to be no way for me to get a good running team that has over 80% of team chemistry without making one of the players the STAR role that they want, even if they don't perform like a star. I had a bench player who averages 2ppg asking for a starting spot. Really now? Like that's going to happen.
5. Too many false goaltending calls! I'm so ♥♥♥♥ed that 2K has made the goaltending calls more sensitive. I have been called for goaltending, even though I know for a fact that it is a clean and legit block. DUMB ♥♥♥ REFS!
6. Online is ♥♥♥♥.
I sadly regret getting this game for its full-price of $29.99. This game shouldn't even be worth $5. Terrible job 2K, if only ya'll cared about the PC players, then maybe more people will buy it.I would definitely NOT RECOMMEND this game.
I'm still going to play it though since it's the newest 2K title.
Hope I don't break my keyboard.