I've played the PC ports of this NBA2K series since 2K11. To me, 2K12 was the peak of the series so far. This year though, it seems like they're taking advantage of no competition and are taking it easy. Why?
- Players feel much less flexible/agile than in previous years
- They changed the controls, again. 2k13 probably had the best gamepad config to date
- Players are much more sloppy with regards to ball handling. Rebounds go through their hands, silly collisions cause players to lose the ball, sometimes players will randomly animate in ways not appropriate to the situation (sometime causing out of bounds calls)
- Inexplicably consistent blowing layups and dunks, sometimes with completely clear path
- Physics sometimes act weird. Going for a steal sometimes you'll knock the ball out the other side of the court or even into the crowd. This has an unintended funny side effect of making some blocks look way more spectacular than they should be
Still, even having said that laundry list of things that bother me, I'd recommend the game (unless you want to manually patch the new rosters into 2K13). I'm hoping we get a mid-season patch like we did last year to fix these annoyances.
These opinions only cover single player mode.