“Political climate aside, this is a great game. It is well designed and features great replay ability.”
90 – Gamer's Pulse
“Black Gold's combination of intense real-time action, gorgeous graphics, and streamlined play make this one of the best real-time strategy games of 2001.”
85 – GameSpy
“It's an all-around great real-time strategy game that also happens to stand out from other games in the genre.”
84 – GameSpot
Informace o hře
Actual Armies. Actual Weapons. Actual Political Issues.
World War III - Black Gold
takes the player to the near future. The political crisis has been going on for months, leading to worldwide turmoil. A secret conference of the UN Central Geological Commission reveals that worldwide oil reserves have reached dangerously low levels: Oil reserves will run out within 8-10 years. This proves too short for even the most highly industrialized countries to switch their economies to alternative energy sources. Soon, mass protests erupt all over the world, effectively shutting down the global economy. The Great Powers have declared WW III...
- 2 Game modes: for beginners and experts
- 3 Campaigns on three sites: the US, Russia and Iraq in 30 epic missions of courage and honour
- Fully 3D war terrain and units
- Day/night cycles and variable weather conditions affect the game and your strategies
- "Technology Tree" weapons research system
- Tunnels, trenches and interconnected underground tunnel systems)
- Ability to modify the 3D terrain (flattens terrain, create bulwarks or dig ditches)
- Advanced electronic battle systems: communications tapping, photo stream capturing
- Kamikaze and Stealth-units
- Camouflage and Jamming systems
- Defence systems: missile defence, decoys, anti-chemical filters
- Anti-aircraft, anti-tank, mass destruction weapons
- Challenging Multitplayer-Mode for up to 8 players over LAN & EarthNet
Copyright 2001-2013 by TopWare Interactive AG. Developed by Reality Pump Studios. All rights reserved.
World War III: Black Gold, Reality Pump, TopWare Interactive and the related logos are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of TopWare Interactive AG.