“A chrome-plated supercharged gunship of a shmup, and I can see Syder Arcade remaining on my hard drive indefinitely.”
“The developers have woven in a great sense of humour and an almost excessive amount of love.”
“Honestly, who isn’t a fan of some awesome side scrolling space shooter action? Syder Arcade…looks like it just might be the fix you’ve been waiting for.”
- Shooting. This is a no brainer
- Dying. Also pretty hard not to do
- 6 Campaign levels – all filled with space, guns and imminent death
- 3 Survival mode level. Good luck
- 2 opposite directions. 3 dimensions is for suckers
- 4 player starships
- 4 difficulty levels. That means trouble ahead
- At least 3 huge capital ships and 1 giant bug-ship. Big is relative, but yeah its big
- Skill-based badges to improve your high scores - remember when scores mattered? We do
- Online leaderboards. Show off to your friends, while they’re still friends
- 20 different retro graphic flavors. C64, ZX Spectrum, Amiga HAM and many others – dibs on a cabinet version next!
- 5 Tons of nostalgia and 16 of Old-School…with a pinch of salt
- Amiga-style soundtrack makes the Caleco so jealous
- Zombie free. We assume
Steam Big Picture
Steam Exclusive Offer
NEW SPECIAL Powerup: Unepic Baby Dragons
If you own both Unepic and Syder Arcade on Steam there's a special bonus! Having Unepic will transform some of your Syder Arcade pods (both drones and overseer wraiths) into cute, pixelated Baby Dragons. Don't let their size fool you...they're little rascals that shoot mean fireballs in space. With Syder Arcade, you'll unleash a WASP in the Unepic universe as a pet. Ouch!
New Playable Ship: The Overseer
New powerup: Drone Pods
New SPECIAL powerup: Unepic Baby Dragons
New challenge level: the Lighthouse
New challenge level: the ice canyon
New Achievement: in less than twelve parsecs
New Achievement: piracy is not the problem
New Achievement: you don’t have to be pretty to kick ass
Lots of changes and fixes!
Be sure to check out our official community group and forum for more details.
Thanks for the support!
About This Game
Killing zombies never gets old, but sometimes you just need a break.
Get back to some serious old-school gaming with Syder Arcade!
Syder Arcade is a love letter to Amiga games of the ‘90s, no coins, no upgrade grinding, just your tenacity and a motherload of alien invaders.
Syder Arcade is a free scrolling, multi directional shoot 'em up, an uncompromised old-school experience, furious, challenging, and straightforward. This game will bring you back in time, when bulky starships were cool and games were about player skill and swearing madly at your computer.