STORE COMMUNITY ABOUT SUPPORT
Login Store Community Support
View desktop website
© Valve Corporation. All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries.
Note: This Early Access game is not complete and may or may not change further. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you should wait to see if the game progresses further in development. Learn more
Includes four copies of the game - send the extra copies to your friends
We hope you have enjoyed the improvements to the game in the updates over the summer. It’s been fun for the team to move the game closer to release and to receive the positive feedback from the community. We are planning to make another major leap forward. In fact, we are planning to leave early access in Q1 of 2017.
In our review of the outstanding tasks on Trello and additional features that we want to add to the game, we have decided the best approach would be to put our heads down and work on a single large update. This will allow us to build out new features and take more time to polish the game.
This update will include these new features or key improvements (in addition to the other Trello tasks):
- Two new levels (Flying Dutchman & Community levels)
- Re-launch of the mission editor
- New capture & tag missions and storyline
- New map area missions and storyline
- New collection missions
- New location based missions
- New cosmetic peripherals
- Adding passive tools
- Adding flora & dive sites to the Oceanopedia
- Art improvements
- Improved daily mission spawns
- Re-launch of the equipment shop
This development approach does not mean we will not be publishing updates to the game until this major update. We will continue to publish bug fixes similar to the fix of the Sharks mission two weeks ago. The next update is scheduled for next week. These continued fixes are required to improve the game’s stability and improve your experience with the game in early access. It is also a critical step in finishing the game.
We are still likely to be addressing a number of bug fixes in the next major update, so we want to make sure that we have identified all the bugs we can. You have been a tremendous help to us in this regard. We only ask that you keep it up. We will be adding these reports to Trello as you submit them.
Again, thank you for being part of the World of Diving community and participating in the early access program. We could not make this game without you.
A new update is out for World of Diving. In this update, we've added some new fish, improved the 'big fish' animations, added an update notification to the tablet and did some more bug fixing. We've also added sounds when surfacing and submerging. These were long overdue and add some extra immersion.
Please note the divegame.net profile settings have been moved to the settings menu. We've replaced the divegame.net profile button in the main menu with a button which directs you to the EUCL3D 3D printing service to print out your avatar.
The complete list of changes:
- The following sea life was added to the game: Lionfish, Orca, Red Rockfish, Rockfish, Sperm whale, Great white shark, Tiger shark
- Big fish trailing animation is now smoother
- An icon is now displayed in the tablet when it is updated (ex. when a story mission is completed or an Oceanopedia entry is updated)
- A sound effect is now played when surfacing and submerging
- The little hercules buddy's propeller now rotates when swimming
- Moved the divegame.net profile settings to the main menu settings menu
- Added a button to the main menu which directs you to the EUCL3D 3D printing service
- Fixed a bug where buddies were not removed when players disconnect
- Fixed a bug where dolphins would sometimes swim upside down
- Fixed a bug where the mask overlay effect was visible in the edges of the screen in VR
New menu layout:
Tablet updated icon:
“World of Diving with Oculus Rift is a real treasure”
“Such wonderful things surround you”
“This is the fun of virtual reality; the act of exploring a new environment was quietly joyful”
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
There is more than one way to buy this game. Please select a specific package to create a widget for:
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Sign in to add your own tags to this product.