Three friends and I spawn in the wasteland biome.
Thought we could make a shelter out of this apartment complex.
Was going well at first.
Gathered many supplies.
Fortified the door.
Was supposed to be temporary, started turning into something permanent.
Everything was going well.
they broke down the door...
Everything went to hell.
They started pouring through the stairwell.
The only way out was down.
Started running down and dodging walkers.
We got separated in half.
Two of my friends made it out.
My other friend and I were still stuck inside.
Figured we'd spend the last night, hiding.
The moaning of walkers never stopped.
It was time.
We had to go.
My friend and I continued to drill down passed the horde.
I jumped out the second floor.
Broke my legs.
They were everywhere.
Managed to limp through the horde.
Met up with my other three friends
Don't look back..
We crossed the river into a forest.
Started off with a small shack.
Turned it into a four house village.
We had a wall, a trench around it.
We had something.
We never did forget about what happened that day in the wasteland.
That right there, is just a small story (that wasn't even in full detail) of what 7 Days to Die is like. Very few may say that "Oh, it's just another zombie survival game" or "Oh, it's just a DayZ knockoff". Well, I'm here to tell you that this is not the case at all. I own H1Z1, DayZ, and 7dtd. I have to say that this is the best one. Why?
1. The developers are actually going in the right path.
2. Loot system is pretty awesome.
3. Crafting system is also pretty awesome, may take a bit to get used to. But, still awesome.
4. Instead of just piling blocks and making a box-house, there are actually physics to the building system. Like, in some cases, you actually have to put support. Otherwise that sniper tower or that neat house will collapse on you. Which has happened to my friends. It's kind of satisfying to watch, but damn you're mad if it's your structure.
5. The different variety in enemies is cool! Right now, you have: bees, dogs, and zombies; and other different kind of zombies to add to that.
6. Speaking of zombies. This game's zombies have something that DayZ doesn't have. You know... They actually pose a threat and can move in numbers. There are moments when you see that police station surrounded by a horde of zombies and you think to yourself "No, I'm good", because they actually threaten you. The fact that they sprint at night by default (settings can be changed) also adds a thrill to the game. To a point in which you don't even want to leave your shelter at night because you can hear a spider zombie calling a nearby horde. Hordes also happen randomly at anytime and anywhere. This is also unheard of in DayZ. You never see a horde in that game. Also, as the days go on, the zombies start to get a little tougher. You start to feel that the apocalypse is worsening. Zombies are also smart.
7. There's nothing more satisfying than fortifying your base to prepare for the undead. This game does a very good job at that. You can do almost whatever your mind imagines.. Wanna put a trench that surrounds your base and put spikes at the bottom of it? Do it. Want to salvage land mines from an overrun military base and use them as your own? Do it. Want to build a huge wall around your base? Do it. However, don't think that just putting a wall around your base will help. Zombies will rip through it and actually dig under the wall. We've seen this done in our server before, and it's frustrating, but it's so awesome having to constantly keep maintanence on your base and look for new ways to prevent them and to see your weak spots.
These are just some of my points, and you wanna know the awesome thing? This right here, is just an alpha.. A ♥♥♥♥ing.. Alpha, and the developers have already come this far. As I type this, the alpha11 update is imminent and should be released any day now. This is said to be the biggest update this game has seen. This game is going nowhere but up.
Unfortunately, I can't tell you about the PvP, because my friends and I just normally play on a private PvE server and survive together. I have no idea how well PvP works. If I ever play PvP, I'll tell you how it goes.
Get. This. Game..
It's a solid 15/10.