Now that we are wrapping of our PAC-MAN 256 development (for the moment anyway), we have been spending more time back in FTD land, working on cool new stuff, improvements to existing stuff and bug fixes.
We don't have any timelines on when or in what order these will come out as some are very big things to complete, but here is a list of stuff we have done already or are currently working on.
New Special Attack loadout system
We are adding 4 new special attacks per character class, and a new loadout system so you will be able to choose which attacks you take into adventures. These abilities will unlock every 5 levels, the way the original 4 did.
New logic items in ACK
We've moved the logic items into their own new menu (out of entities) to make room for some new exciting additions.
- Random node - can have up to 5 outputs and one will randomly fire
- Camera Shake node - Allow creator to shake the camera
- SFX clip node - Allow creator to play a sound clip from a pre selected list
Enhanced 2-4 player difficulty system
We have re-vamped how difficulty works for 2-4 player games - not just HP and damage adjustments, but certain enemies can now attack more than 1 player at a time, and spawning enemies can spawn more minions etc. Enemies can also attack faster as more players join the game + more...
AI behaviour and pathfinding improvements
We've really improved enemy pathfinding and movement ability, fixing a bunch of areas where enemies used to get stuck, or where they would try to move through props to get to the player on the other side.
Polish Polish Polish
We have been polishing UI, making UI animate in and out instead of popping in and out, fixing lights that pop off, added more effects and other general little things that might not be noticeable, but that will just make the game feel more polished.
Other general cool things
- You can now turn off the "are you sure" message in the LootShrine for unequipped high rarity items when donating!
- You can now lock items in your inventory to prevent you from accidentally dropping or donating them!
- We removed player v player physics/collisions in split-screen and online games - It didn't really add anything to the experience, but at high latency it was annoying.
- New "on 50% HP" event on enemies so you can make stuff happen when an enemy loses half it's HP
- Rats and Scarabs now award less XP
- Lots of bug fixes and other smaller improvements/enhancements
We have a more complete post in this thread...