Welcome to Version 1.0.1, Build 5.5 - Update #43!
This update has lots of goodies, changes and fixes, including stuff like our new experimental Mouse & KB controls, weapon damage balance tweaks, 2 handed weapon attack speed changes and better discoverability for new and unplayed adventures!
Daily Rewards System
With our launch, we’ve seen a HUGE amount of new creators join our ranks, adding almost 1000 new adventures in just under 6 days! New adventures is great for our community, but it dramatically added to an existing problem we’ve been trying to deal with for a while… new adventure discoverability.
After reading the forums for months and smacking our heads in frustration for all of you that put so much time and effort into making great content for the community, only to have tiny amounts of players ever find your adventures, we finally came up with what we think is a pretty awesome idea to START to deal with the issue - Daily Rewards.
Every day you will be presented with 6 of our least played and newest adventures, and you will be able to play them and earn 20% extra XP per kill and get an increased loot drop rate (more loot, better loot).
Every player gets the same 6 reward adventures each day, so creators could potentially see hundreds of new plays when their adventures are selected.
The deal only works once per reward adventure, so that means 6 opportunities per day to earn bonus rewards!
If you happen to have one of the 6 adventures on your map already, that’s ok, you’ll see a spinning yellow star on it letting you know it’s a daily, and you will still get the reward for playing it on that day.
We really think this new feature will go a long way towards getting new and unplayed adventures noticed and we are excited to hear what you all think once you have given it a go!
New “Experimental” Control Scheme
So we’ve take a lot of your feedback on Mouse and Keyboard gameplay, and we’re going to start experimenting with our input systems until we find something that works for everybody. For 1.0.1 we’ve added a new “Experimental” mouse Input system that you can find in the Settings->Game menu in your Home screen.
In this new mode, your mouse cursor is permanently hidden and you rotate your camera simply by moving the mouse left or right (no middle mouse clicking). You attack with the LMB as usual, but when you attack your direction is determined by your WSAD keyboard input. So if you’re not touching any keyboard movement inputs, you will attack forward from the camera, otherwise you’ll attack in the direction of your movement input.
It’s a bit hard to describe with text, but a good example of this control method are the Rocksteady’s Batman games. The main advantage of this system is that it makes camera movement incredibly easy, but by losing the mouse cursor you’re no longer able to click on UI (you’ll use KB - 1-4 for special attacks, [,] and [/] for potions, etc or whatever keys you’ve bound for them). We think this scheme has got potential, so please give it a try and let us know what you think on the forums!
Networking Changes & Problems
As many of you might have noticed or experienced, we’ve had some networking issues with both our server ping/selection system as well as some other connectivity issues.
One thing a few of you have reported is what looks like a lockup when joining, leaving or forced disconnection from a network game, and we think we tracked that down to a few corner cases where your character was removed from the network game and never re-added back in… No character, means no control of the game, so it looks like a lockup.
We think we have these fixed in this build, so we’d love to hear feedback from you all that did see these “lockups” to let us know if they are gone.
With regard to the server pings and connectivity, that’s a harder problem for us to solve and requires us to move to a newer version of our network library that is quite a bit different from what we have now, but we are committed to fixing these issues, so now that 1.0.1 is out, we plan on ripping our networking apart and upgrading our library and getting some test builds out to those of you that have been having problems and see if we can eliminate the issues.
We estimate we should be able to get some test builds ready by early next week and hopefully have 1.0.2 (network fixes) out by the end of next week.
We really appreciate your patience while we get this sorted out.
Attack speeds, balance and auto attack
We’ve made some considerable balance changes for 1.0.1, including speeding up the attack animations of several slower weapon types, as well as some significant stat changes for newly dropped weapons. Like when we were in Early Access stat balance changes will only affect newly dropped items, any items you’ve already collected will remain unchanged.
You can also now simply hold down the Primary Attack button when attacking to execute a combo, so you don’t need to button mash as much anymore - your mouse/controller will thank us!
1.0.1 (Build 5.5) Change List
- New Reward system in Adventure Gallery
- Adding server ping status display to online screen
- Added new experimental mouse input system in Settings -> Game
- Added a new Attack Speed item modifier
- Added gallery search by Friends - FINALLY!
- Added “Open Network UI” key and made it bindable
- Can now hold the Primary Attack button instead of having to tap it for each attack
- Add keyboard shortcut UI on potion UI in-game
- Potentially improved some physics clipping problems with some gate varieties
- Increased collision box size on Swords and Axes - should improve hit detection
- Increased damage of Tomes by 50%
- Increased damage of newly dropped Hammers, Spears and Greatswords
- Reduced damage of newly dropped swords by 5%
- Increased Hammer attack speed animation speed by 40%
- Increased Greatsword attack animation speed by 40%
- Increased Hatchet attack animation speed by 30%
- Increased Spear attack animation speed by 20%
- Increased Wand attack animation speed by 30%
- Improved wording of some text in the Gallery to make results clearer
- No longer force Linux into Fullscreen on first play.
- Force character save before joining or hosting an online game
- Fixed Rogue icon on split-screen drop-in UI reading “Coming Soon”
- Fixed UI in Workshop upload process becoming unresponsive after rotating preview
- Fixed state display on network player UI permanently reading Graveyard after a player looked at the Hero’s Graveyard
- Fixed custom skins not displaying correctly on Female Fighter
- Fixed case where game could become unresponsive after losing connection to a network game
- Fixed rotation sensitivity not having any effect on camera while controlling a character (was only affecting ACK camera)
- Fixed world map details sometimes appearing in home screen when opening Settings after Gallery was opened
- Fixed inventory keyboard help not showing correct key when inventory key has been rebound
- Fixed not being able to close the inventory with the inventory button in the Dragon Arena
- ACK: Fixed some controller navigation issues on the enemy inspector UI
- ACK: Fixed being unable to cancel out of finding an Event Receiver with a controller