17 июля 2014
Welcome to Alpha 4.1
New Enemy Mutators
Mutators are a new system that randomly assigns new attributes and behaviours to enemies. It’s designed to increase replayability in existing maps, as well as make our combat more interesting in general.
A mutated rat and skeleton:
Mutated enemies have a coloured glow as well as a HUD element on the health bar, so you’ll have some idea of what to expect when fighting the enemy.
While Mutators are assigned to enemies randomly, creators can help guide the system by marking enemies for mutation. Any enemies marked for mutation will be prioritised by the system and will receive mutators when possible.
As characters level up, the number of mutators they see in any adventure will increase.
New Static Spawner enemy types
Static spawners are special props that can be placed by creators that will spawn enemies in-game, and can be killed by players. As a Creator, you can adjust the spawn rate, maximum number of enemies alive at once, and pick from a few enemy options to customise the experience for players.
A spawner set to spawn Rats and Skeletons:
New network aware loot drops
Loot dropped from your inventory while in a networked game will now be network aware! This means that other players will be able to see the loot and pick it up, allowing you to share loot amongst your party. Loot that is network aware will glow blue, it will also say who dropped the item when inspecting it on the ground.
A networked item. Notice the blue glow and “Dropped By” information:
Loot dropped from enemies in a multiplayer game will still only be visible to you and will still glow yellow.
New LAN server option
Included with every install is a new standalone server executable. Look for the server in the following folder…
Running the executable will start a server and display an IP address, allowing you to connect to that IP address from the LOCAL SERVER tab in the “Online” menu in-game. The standalone server can only be run on a Windows machine, but we are including it for all platforms in case players on OSX or Linux has access to a Windows box to host a server on.
By running a server locally, you’ll have dramatically reduced ping times ( 5-10ms in our case ), obviously making gameplay a lot smoother and more predictable. It feels like you’re playing split-screen!
Alpha 4.1 Change List
- New network aware loot
- New online player arrows to show which direction other players are
- World map now auto expands indefinitely
- New LAN server
- New enemy mutator system
- New enemy spawner types
- New throwing hatchets for fighters
- Raised level cap to 40
- Added extra modifiers for Dual Daggers and Dual Swords
- Added new game hints on loading screen
- Check adventures on game start to ensure any owned by the player are marked as owned by player
- Improved game cleanup when game fails to launch when steam client is not available
- Wall props now raise and lower at 1/4 height increments to allow for proper placement
- Reimplemented bad word checker for NPC dialogue and Adventure description text
- No more re-spawning the character on every online server change - YAY!
- All armour attachments on an enemy will now flash correctly when hit, not just the base skin
- Improved character and enemy movement jitters in online play
- Fixed spear not being equipable on Rogue
- Fixed spear attack secondary effect using wrong direction
- Fixed being able to rate 3 Sprockets adventures when in online mode
- Fixed Vsync option being ignored on LOW quality settings
- Fixed animation issue when attacking in online games
- Fixed online missing game icons
- Fixed being able to secondary attack immediately after switching weapons
- New shields being dropped will no longer have modifiers for 2 handed weapons
- Fixed being able to shift click/ [Y] in inventory when in a category list
- Fixed pause menu and special attack UI showing controller info when online using mouse & KB
- Fixed not being able to click on special attacks or potions UI when in online mode if not host
- Fixed being able to reach the visual boundary of the world map
- Fixed character model not updating visually when equipping a piece of loot in a slot that has nothing in it
- Fixed ability to DONATE in Loot Shrine when currently in "PICK REWARD" mode