So before you spend a lot of money on this game... and waste 40 to 60 hours playing it... here's what you need to know...
This is what made the game fun...
• Loved geeking out on the charter sheet and building up stats and skills
• The combat system (dice rolls, stat modifiers, your character's skills) is smart and fun
• Combat frustratingly hard? Yes... but you feel you've earned your win
• Thank dog I got this game for 5 bucks, and not 40
This is what made me hate the game...
• After 20 hours of game play, you've seen it all
• Same level design... same enemy types... same combat tactics
• It felt more of a puzzle game than a tactical game
• Cliche story: you lose your memory, and gotta find clues.... zzzzzzzz
• You'll have to retry levels over and over and over and over again
• After 20 hours, combat becomes tedious, boring, frustrating, and no longer fun
• Combat is mostly based on chance, luck, and dice rolls – no matter what your stats are
• No wonder they got rid of dice rolls in BG2
If you look at the Global Achievement stats of this game, only 7% finshed the game half way. That's because it's fun at first. Then the game gets tedious, boring, and frustrating. I wanted to play to the end. But after 30 hours, it was no longer fun.