December 8th, 2013
Our work from November is now available, just in time for the holidays. This update includes a bunch of things aimed at improving the game 'feel', and to that end we've added new combat animations, new blunt weapons like maces and hammers, added some screen shake to spice things up, and added sounds to the flying skull and druid monsters.
We also took a big step towards full gamepad support. XBox 360 controllers should work out of the box now, Dual Shock also should be well supported, your mileage will vary with other controllers.
The sewers also got a few more dungeon areas aimed at opening up the battlegrounds a bit to keep things from getting too claustrophobic. Shop prices also got some significant tweaks, most prices doubled and the skill in a jar jumped way up in price to 250 gold to reflect better the impact it has on a run.
- Weapon subgroups have unique animations
- Added hammers
- And maces!
- Using a potion has a chance of remembering the effect
- Testing out hit animations for a few monsters
- Flying skull sounds
- Druidess sounds
- Gave the orb a creepy ambient sound
- Ambient waterfall and lava sounds
- Some ui sounds for maps and dialogue
- Gamepad support for Xbox 360 and Dual Shock controllers
- Added some lag to the held weapon rotation
- Tweaked weapon attack speeds
- Upped price of items in shops
- Skill in a jar now costs 250 gold not 20
- Traps now can be activated by things going further above them
- Projectiles can now trigger traps
Stuff that may break your mod
- Fix for blank win screen
- Fixed potion colors forgetting effect between levels
- Fixed particles getting stuck / teleporting into walls
- Fixed getting stuck in flying mobs
- Fixed friction for mobs walking on bridges / furniture
- Some performance fixes related to level loading
- Entities not moving can put their physics to sleep
- Fixed goblin idle sounds not playing
- Fix for storm wand beam missing enemies
- Some house cleaning in the entities.png file
You may have issues loading save files from earlier versions, if you encounter issues, like invisible monsters, start up a new game.
October 22nd, 2013
The October Update for Delver is now available!
This is a big one, there's a ton of new stuff to find, I'll keep some secret for you to find yourselves.
- Totally revamped art
- All new sounds
- Starting camp area, with shops
- Post game stats
- And much more!