Door Kickers is one of those pleasant surprises that comes every now and then.
This is essentially a Top Down SWAT Team Simulator that is extremely Tactical. (And I'm not using the word just because it's cool)
How would I describe Door Kickers ?
This game reminds me of older releases that change the way FPSes are played such as Rainbow Six and SWAT.
This is a slow and methodical game as it'll brutally punish you if a mistake have been made. Thought and precise movements must be taken into account if you wish for all of your troopers to survive that one bloody great gunfight.
How does this game differ itself from the rest ?
First of all, it is innovative. This is done in the style of the briefing phase in Rainbow Six, but it is completely real time with pausing mechanics so you are able to change your plan on the fly other than having to exit to the planning phase and change your movements and start over.
How is this game tactical ?
Well, the RPS 'Best Tactics of 2014' says for itself.
Not enough, aye ?
Fine. Door Kickers is one of those games that shines during situations where you can't just go guns blazing.
there is a hostage taker standing right behind the hostage facing toward the only entry point of the room.
Now, being the Top Down game that Door Kickers is, there is no third dimension so when your team step into the room, the hostage taker will open fire and hit the hostage before he hits you.
So what do you do ?
1. Bang the ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥... I meant a flashbang. Blind him so your team has time to move around and neutralise him without harming the hostage
2. If there is a window, you can send a trooper to flank him from a different angle.
Multiple ways to problem solve, is it enough evidence that this game is tactical ?
Well, the game has different kinds of situations that you have to adapt to, such as
- Eliminate Hostiles : It's basically Terrorist Hunt. Go in, kill all the baddies, win.
- Hostage Rescue : It's just like Terrorist Hunt, but with Hostages in it. Possibility of an Execution though.
- Stop Execution : A baddie in the area is about to blow the brains out of someone and you have to stop them.
- Bomb Defusal : Well, the name says it all.
- Dope Raid : Recover evidence mainly dope, and dope papers.
- Warrant Arrest : Again, name says it all.
- Protect VIP : ... I don't really have to describe this one at all, do I ?
- Robbery in Progress : Somehow, the devs know how lazy I get when I need to describe things.
What ? Still not enough ? Are you kidding me...
The game has an arsenal of trooper classes, weapons, and equipment to outfit your team to suit the situation
Classes include (If you haven't seen the video above)
- Pointman : Only armed with a pistol, has the highest mobility and is the fastest during entry, but isn't the best at range
- Assaulter : Guy with the guns. Basically, guy that shoots all the baddies for you.
- Breacher : As the name implies, he breaches door ways, clear rooms, and corridors in hasty manner. I like to call him "Hobo with a Shotgun"
- Shield : The guy that you would want to bring when the baddies bring their big guns.
- Stealth : Shhhh... I'm trying to think of a description for this one... Damn it, keep quiet! I'm trying to think!
Weapons range from simple submachine guns such as the MP5A3 to meaner rifles like the G36C to a punch in the face like the Mossberg 590.
Sidearms ? No problem! Glocks, 1911s, and P226s, anything is in store! Just need to trade in your gold stars!
Oh, we got loads of equipments, Flashbang, Breaching Charges, Tasers, even a little handheld machine that allows you to picklock faster!
So as you can see, this game is completely tacticool...
WHAT? NOT ENOUGH!? Bruh, I'm done. I got nothing else. You can go watch them YouTube videos and find them all out on your own. I ain't gonna tell you everything man.
Oh, but you want the know the truth !? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH.
Anyways, I love this game. One of my favourite games, as you can see, spent over 100 hours on this thing.
If I could rename my girlfriend, I would name her "Window Smashers".
Thank you for reading my Review. It's probably too long, but heck. At least I got it out there, right ?