This game is possibly one of the most overlooked jewels among indie titles on tiny budgets.
I totally recommend it for purchase if you are in space rpg + space fighter combo games.
Totally worth supporting developer, this one was created on a very thin budget and it shows - Salvation Prophecy is a jewel, but rough around the edges.
Let me give you a quick summary:
- Indie budgets shows right away. Textures are low res, location are reused, models are ridiculous sometimes.
- Animations are hilarious
+ Space combat effects are decent
+ Very few obvious bugs to speak about
+ unique planetary missions have amazing locations
- your own music recommended
- voice acting is ridiculous
- actually not that many sound effects
+ doesn't get annoying
+ space travel effects amazing
+ no bugs detected
+ ambient sound effects help immersion
- simplistic in every area
- little choice of items, most useless
- difficult to understand why are you promoted to faction leader so soon
- otherwise unbalanced (AI and Aliens)
- land combat AI sucks (worst part of the game actually)
- shallow story line, some ridiculous moments especially with runes
- arcade minigames in warp tunnels and wormholes
+ story is presented in interesting manner and despite being quite simple is properly explained and transparent, you can tell the reason for the ongoing war
+ missions. Mass fighter jumping in and out of combat is just the most amazing thing this game has (I say this as FreeSpace veteran)
+ simplified arcade combat - not necessary a good thing but at least it is made in proper way (does not annoy)
+ side missions, hilarious pirate descriptions
+ multiple aspects (well, not that many) of faction to manage
+ ending better than Mass Effect 3, despite very ♥♥♥♥♥♥ final boss battle(considering mission length this battle is actually a good thing)
+ overal feeling and atmosphere is a combined shadow of Homeworld, FreeSpace and Mass Effect titles. It is quite simply good.
Love and care is visible in each and every part of the title. It is properly done, relativelly bug free, not badly imbalanced jewel that makes it obvious - developers really wanted to deliver but were short on funds. These are the pople who seem to know what they are doing and where they are heading, just didn't head the means to make the journey.
You will not be disappointed if you get this game on sale, even tho it is short you will enjoy this.
And perhaps showing your support will prompt people responsible for Salvation Prophecy to create a sequel.