One of the best C&C games so far, I have to honestly say that this game is twice better than Starcraft 2 and trillion times better than Starcraft 2 Heart of the Swarm. I used to be a Starcraft player, but Blizzard ruined the ♥♥♥♥ out of every ♥♥♥♥ing thing. So I changed my perspective on RTS genre, Westwood Studios is the best RTS maker of all times.
Their game may not be so competitve like Blizzard, but they are fast pace but FUN!
Competitiveness ruined the gaming industry, where it aimed only for FUN. C&C Tiberium War in this case exceeds most of its predecessors by being either fun (spamming units) and competitive. The AI in this game is very excellent and harder than Starcraft 2. The first time I played the campaign at easy level, the bots beat the ♥♥♥♥ out of me. In the skirmish game, the bots if you chose Steamroller, they will roll over you if in easy level.
Although the multiplayer is no longer supported by EA, you still can go to online forums and download software to help the multiplayer section.
The game is best at:
- Best cinematics (Blizzard looks cheesy, but Westwood looks serious)
- Amazing actors
- Stunning graphics
- Great soundtrack
- Large gamesize, it is beyond my expectation of previous games
- Dangerous AIs, they simply focus on wiping your most dangerous units
- Many special abilities
- Challenging missions with many bonuses that hardly find in any RTS game
- Best RTS Campaign of the decade (C&C games always pull me to be serious in watching briefing, tempting)
- Great Balance system (This new C&C fixed the unit spamming in Red Alert 2)
- Best modding community secondly after Skyrim Nexus (It composed of many foreigners, they are amazing)
- Tiberium Essence! The best mod that made this game perfect, you need to download it on DB.
- Many special abilities (Old Red Alert 2 is easier, this new thing is quite hard to use)
- Chaotic graphic ( I feel the graphic is a little too oversaturated)
- AIs are quite dumb at pathfinding
- Still having some balancing flaws from the old C&C
- Still no CABAL from Firestorm Crisis, I was waiting for an expansion on such amazing AI villain in video game history, yeah, ♥♥♥♥ EA.
Greatly Amazing, but underrated.
Starcraft 2 should have been 78/100 instead of 91/100 on reviewing websites. Tiberium War just bought me back to the Command and Conquer franchise, let's hope there will be a fifth installment.