Note: I got this game for basically free in a bundle, which definitely colors my opinion.
+ You can customize your character with lots of options/colors/races/stuff.
+ Good sci-fi in-jokes.
+ The thrill of moving up the social and job ladders.
+ The feeling of loss when your romantic partner and/or friends get vaporized on away missions.
+ The betrayal when your partner dumps you (especially if you were just about to leverage that relationship into a new job!)
- Still somewhat buggy. I completed the game via the “bribery” track, but got the achievement for the “tons o’ cash” track. I’ve noticed some minor visual glitches.
- A lot of repetition. Especially if you’re not sleeping your way to the top, you’re spending weeks doing the same tasks over and over.
- Some NPC ♥♥♥♥♥♥baggery. What, you’re annoyed that I don’t spend time with you? Well, I tried to set up activities together with you all Saturday and Sunday, but you were busy! Stop sending snooty messages about how I’m letting you down!
- Not a lot of interaction. Sometimes work will give you special events. You have no control over these. Sometimes you’re picked for an away team. You have no control over those either.
- Replay-ability: not a whole lot of it. The game gives you 5 paths to win, but you’re pretty much going to be playing the same game and doing the same things no matter which way off you eventually pick.
+ Worth picking up if you can get it cheap, then worth playing through to the end once. Took me ~5 hours.