26 août 2014
THE BIG SUMMER UPDATE: Ærena 2.0: HAMMER of INCquisition released!
Ærena gets a complete visual overhaul with a new streamlined UI, a new effects and animation system!
Two whole new classes of Champions enter the Ærena with:
HAMMER - an ultra tough masochistic Æther powered combat mech from the secret labs of the INCquisition!
INCquisition soldier Taeyang possesses the passive bonus "hatred against Air Pirates"
He is the first Champion with faction based passive skills!
Skyblade can sacrifice her own teammates to gain their position anywhere on the map, deal aerea damage and deny the kill!
We finally introduced SKINS for both Ships and Champions!
Get ready for some crazy outfits and the first community created and inspired skins
The display of all mechanics in matches just got intenser with the Æther visualisation effects
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=303100496 and overhauled animations and action cams!
The worldmap takes a break and makes place for an intuitive main menu.
We also overhauled the League Tier system and introduced Subtiers to all tiers but Æthermasters.
Other noteworthy updates: Brand new main missions and the introduction of daily missions, and a completely new tutorial.
To celebrate this major Milestone, we slashed all the prices in the game MASSIVELY!
- Champion and ship skins are available now. (Except for Sharina, Hammer, Whale and Bombshell) Each skin costs 89 Æther Coins.
- New champion: HAMMER.
- New champion: Skyblade. A good mid-range offensive character with a whirlwind attack. Skyblade belongs to the faction Aether Junkies, has 6 HP and does 2 DMG in extended melee range.
- Her Super Skill deals 2 damage to everyone around her and her Ultimate Skill sacrifices an ally champion and does 3 DMG to everyone in the sacrificed champ's melee range.
- New champion: Taeyang is a new class of Champions. He possesses the passive bonus "hatred against Air Pirates", has 7 HP and deals 2 base DMG (+1 against Air Pirates).
- Using his Super Skill, Taeyang charges towards his target and deals 2 DMG (+1 against Air Pirates).
- His Ultimate Skill attack deals 1 damage to all enemies and triggers an explosion on all enemy Air Pirates hitting them and all champions in their melee range for +2 extra damage.
- New floating texts for better visualisation of when champions/ships take damage and gain aether (and hatred damage).
Player names and chat messages will be checked for nasty words
- Complete rework of the main menu (worldmap has been removed)
- Improved loadout, shop and achievement (badges) page
- Achievement rewards now have to be claimed in the badges section
- Daily missions are available to earn some extra Shillings
- Cool new hardware cursors on all platforms
- Tutorial has been completly reworked
- New Main menu commentator:
- He will explain the shell generator, daily quests, main quests and trophies(badges) to the player the first time a player opens the corresponding tab
- He will congratulate the player upon finishing a quest
- He will welcome the player back to the game upon login
- He will inform the player when a match has been found or player has been challenged
- Two new master images have been added for all players right out of the gate. These do not need to be purchased
- Every five matches the player gets a rare shell pack of his choosing
- Two new shell packs giving the player either 10 rare shells or 10 shells with a chance for some of them being rare
- New master images: one for every champion. Beat 100 enemies with a specific champion and you unlock a his/her master image.
- Improved Æther gain effects. Now you can see more easily who gained Æther and why.
- League tiers and progression has been re-worked; gaining or losing a tier or sub-tier is now set to defined consecutive wins or losses (2/3/4/5) and only Æther-Masters will gain or lose League-points(wins).
- Badges have been re-organized and claiming them can be tracked in an overview
- The number of champions rotating as trial characters has been adjusted in correspondence to already owned champions
- owning no champion - 3 trial champions in rotation
- owning one champion - 2 trial champions in rotation
- owning two or more champions - one trial champions in rotation
- Practice matches have been re-worked:
- difficulty has been decreased slightly
- any won match will now put you in the next AI level (represented by the stars over the 'Valerian' portrait on the main screen)
- there are neither shell nor Shilling awards
- Practice matches no longer have a two turn inactivity surrender timer
- Prices for Luna and Sharina have been reduced to 6999 shilling or 175 Æther Coins down from 9600 shilling or 215 Æther Coins
- Prices for Mary and Martel have been decreased to 99 Æther Coins or 3099 Shilling down from 215 Æther Coins or 7200 Shilling
- Prices for Bug, Crank, Baron Rouge, Butcher, Aurora, Harlequin and Corporal have been reduced to 4999 Shilling or 125 Æther Coins down from 7200 Shilling or 215 Æther Coins
- Prices for Packer, Arc, Sparrow and Bombshell reduced to 175 Æther Coins or 6999 Shillings down from 215 Æther Coins or 7200 Shillings
- Price for Rare shell packages reduced to 250 Shilling down from 350 shilling
- New players receive 2000 Shilling and 17 Æther Coins upon tutorial completion with new accounts
- Æther discharge shell has a new shiny animation
- Aurora's HP decreased to 6 down from 7
- Bloody Mary's Super attack will always deal 2 damage instead of 1-2
- Bloody Mary's Super attack has an orthogonal pattern now instead of a lane pattern
- Butcher's HP have been increased to 7 up from 6
- Baron Rouge's HP have been increased to 6 up from 5
- Costs for Æther Discharge have been increased to 10 up from 9
- Costs for Exitus have been increased to 10 up from 9
- Costs for Get off my Porch have been increased to 8 up from 7
- Friendly matches use the same map as ranked matches now
- Main Goals have received an complete update. The needed achievements have been changed and the main missions don’t give any rewards anymore and will only be used to unlock Character, Ships, Shells, etc.
- Æthershells won’t be unlocked on a certain level, but according to the Main-Goals (eg. Mission 12 unlocks Group Healing).
- Users can buy Attack and Support Shell Packages right from the beginning, whereas the Trick and Æther Control Packages will be unlocked through the main missions
- Achievements which do not specify that the have to be completed in a league match, can be completed within league, casual and challenge matches.
- Increased difficulty for the first stages of Valerian matches.
Complete list of Changes and fixes in the Patch Notes http://steamcommunity.com/app/247830/discussions/0/35221584341556326/