Get SimCity 4 and SimCity™ 4 Rush Hour in one convenient package. Create, grow, and breathe life into your ideal urban environment. Fight disasters both realistic and fantastic. Govern your own virtual metropolis as you see fit with SimCity 4. In SimCity 4, you don't just build your city, you breathe life into it.
View all 11 screenshots
Watch all 3 trailers
About the GameGet SimCity 4 and SimCity™ 4 Rush Hour in one convenient package. Create, grow, and breathe life into your ideal urban environment. Fight disasters both realistic and fantastic. Govern your own virtual metropolis as you see fit with SimCity 4.
In SimCity 4, you don't just build your city, you breathe life into it. Create a megalopolis by weaving together a tapestry of cities ranging from a bedroom community to a high tech urban center or a vacation destination to a farming village. You can create a region of interconnected cities sharing and competing for resources that are linked by a fully integrated transportation network. Use "god-like" powers to create mountain ranges, carve valleys, and lay rivers to construct the most realistic metropolis imaginable. The new simulation engine offers immediate feedback so you can react to the needs of an expanding metropolis. Now individual buildings and their lots provide you with feedback. Use the My Sim features to personalize your Sim and immediately move him or her into any area and watch them experience life around town and get instant feedback on the city's progress. Each decision has a greater impact and gives you the ability to respond more effectively.
Includes SimCity™ 4 Rush Hour: Have the ultimate level of control over your city's transportation network by completely taking charge of roads, rail, air, waterways, and even vehicles. U-Drive It! missions will be presented for you to solve, such as chasing down a bank robber or apprehending a car-jacker. If missions are completed successfully, you will earn reward buildings and other vehicles. As traction is gained by fixing problems and accomplishing missions, your mayor approval rating will soar and Sims will flock to your city. Choose from all-new road types including wide-avenues, suspension bridges, or one-way streets, as well as map out seamless regional networks that whisk Sims from one city to another. Additional options include going global to create a metropolis based on an all-new modern European building set or personalizing new creations by labeling streets, mountains, neighborhoods, and points of interest. Wreak havoc with all-new disasters including a UFO invasion, massive wrecks at railroad crossings, and the occasional car fender bender. There are also all-new tutorials available to help you get started. New gameplay levels are also available so you can create the city of your dreams.
System CompatibilitySimCity was tested for performance and hardware compatibility when it was originally launched. While the classic gameplay of SimCity 4 remains unchanged, unexpected performance and graphics issues with newer systems may occur. If you experience any performance or graphics issues, we recommend running in Windowed Mode and/or Compatibility Mode to maintain the intended experience.
- OS: Windows XP
- Processor: PIII 500 or equivalent
- Memory: 256MB
- Graphics: 32MB supported Direct3D capable video card with DirectX 7.0 or greater
- DirectX®: DirectX 8.1
- Hard Drive: 1.6GB
- Supported 3D Accelerator Hardware: SimCity 4 Deluxe / Rush Hour requires a 32MB 3D Direct3D chipset, and a display that is at least 800x600 in size, and supports 16 or 32-bit color. It is recommended to always install the latest certified drivers for all your hardware
- nVidia TNT2, TNT2 M64, & TNT2 Ultra
- nVidia GeForce SDR, GeForce DDR, GeForce Quadro, GeForce2 GTS, GeForce2 MX, GeForce2 GTS, GeForce3, GeForce4 MX, GeForce4 Ti 4200/4400/4600/4800 SE, and GeForceFX 5200/5600/5800/5900
- ATI Radeon 7000, 7200, 7500, 8500, 9000, 9200, 9500, 9600, 9700, 9800
- Known Issues: Due to hardware limitations with the ATI Radeon series, some buildings and graphic effects will be temporarily turned off while scrolling. There is a known ATI driver defect that results in SimCity advisor animations dropping polygons. To fix this, please download ATI driver 7.79 or later (also referred to as CATALYST 02.4) from http://www.ati.com on the Internet.
- Matrox G400, G450, G550, Parhelia
- SiS 315, Xabre 400
- PowerVR KYRO, KYRO II
- Trident Blade 64
Supported Graphics ChipsetsCards with these chipsets are officially supported by the SimCity 4 hardware graphics driver:
There are no public reviews for this product yet